Slaving Without Redemption

It is a messenger
To the most prestigious of all royalties
Cloaked in velvet and decked out in honor
Awaiting fate dutifully

It is a stew
Boiled, sometimes overcooked
Mixed with savory secrets
Mouth watering but heart-stomping

It is a butterfly
Floating free and endless
Anomalous in its own right
Ambitions tickling the stars

It is a ball of yarn
Comforting yet bursting with expectations
Unraveling utmost beauty
And spun into the colors of the world

It is a puppy
Stumbling around aimlessly
Packed with life and life's energy
Hope singing in its name

It is silent, ordinary even
Cowering under the manipulative depth of another
So precious yet underrated

It is my pen
Iced and stiff
Revealing. Still tender on my bleak skin
Slaving without redemption

JerseyGirl716 said...
Oh my God, this is AWESOME! I'm adding it to my favorites, your word choice is superb! 5/5!

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WHat great word choice! This poem is sooo good. I've read alot of poems about writer's block just because, well, when they get writer's block that is what they wind up writing about!, but this poem was different in a perfect way.

PaigeStreetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Shabam :D Great work. Your words do what they're told! 

MagicMan2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good job this is a great piece of work.

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is so nicely written! The poem flows so nicely, and I feel like each word contributes to the flow and beauty of the poem.

Kev-Girl said...
hey! good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regs_the_Shorty said...
I thought it was extremely good!

TwasBrilling said...
This is definately one of my favorite poems that I have read here on teenink. Your metaphors ring true, and are beautifully sewn together! Congrats!

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The whole poem is describing a pen and what it feels and how it feels to me.

Raytheraym said...
Wow, this is amazing! I love your word choice. Great job! :)

divingforreality said...

It's as if you are moving forward with all these things around you, whether they be worth living for or worth dying for.

I'm not sure...

But I love the structure and vocabulary.

IceQueen said...
This is pretty, but it's kind of hard to figure out.  It doesn't really say what it's talking about.

blitsnik said...
I like the poem itself, the structure is good. but i cant really comprehend what it is all about, and i dont understand how the title fits. It got a good flow however. keep up the writing. :)

HannSawyer15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really really liked this! I loved your 3rd stanza. Especially when you say "And spun into the colors of the world" it paints a picture in my head. Nice job and keep writing! :)

XxMidnightKissxX replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm :
This is really, really good. :)

Dark_MindThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm :
I loved this poem.! My favorite part had to be the Ending. Wonderful.

rapstohelptheworldgoround replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 11:52 pm :
i really like it and the great vocabulary you used can you please check out my song "a song for my love" its not like your average love song 

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:03 pm :
I really really do like this poem!  You should check out some of my others please!  I love how your pen is cold and stiff, but that's only what it is physically, it's also all these other things.