Slow Down

Aren't you tired of running?
With the questions blurring by.
You could see all of the answers
if you'd only stop to try.
Aren't you ready for a rest?
You wouldn't miss another chance.
But you rush past all the signs
without a passing glance.
Aren't you longing for a change?
Slow down while you can.
You might see what you've been searching for
is right where you began.

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:07 am
I found this poem remarkable in so many ways...the flow was perfect, the meaning clear yet not overstated...the vocabulary was also spot on in my opinion. I immediately interpreted this the way you stated, as "running from God". Very very nice work!

x_sweetsummer_x This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:10 am
thankyou! (:

SiaHilion said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:06 am
u cud c all the answers only if u cud stop to try.....amazing..lovee it..

Shmelmo said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:05 am
I really like this. My favorite would probably be the ending; "You might see what you've been searching for is right where you began." Could you check out some of my work?

Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:08 am
thanks :) and of course

cookiestar said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:05 am
This is sweet, amazing, well written, and really meaningful:). I love the poem. Keep up the great work!

Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:07 am
thank you!

ChaoticBliss said...

This poem is really sweet. Thoughtful, too. (: I like it!

It has different meanings between the lines depending on who's reading this.

My favorite line is "You might see what you've been searching for is where you began." It's pretty powerful... because many people aren't sastified or grateful with what they have; or they don't realize what they have or ought to be thankful for... and they think they need more out of their life, but in the end they realizes they've always had wh... (more »)

Dec. 1, 2011 at 4:34 am
wow, your perspective is exactly what I was going for :) Thank you for taking time to read this.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this has a wonderful meaning, and can mean so many diffferent things to so many different people! Great work! :)

thank you :)