Where Dandelions Roar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Virginia, stop sinking –
take those rocks from your pockets
and step away from the river.
Let's catch a ride, you and I,
to the place where dandelions roar;
where the alley-cat boys
use their cherry-red lighters
to ignite the stars,
inspired by fireflies
brighter than the sun.

What's your rush, Virginia?
Heaven may be nice
but it may not be there at all
and death is on its way
but Virginia, I'm here now,
and I'll give you some deliverance
à la I-75,
no Sunday dress required.

Think about it, Virginia:
you could drown in your sorrows, or
take a dip in the honey pot with me
but either way, Virginia,
promise me

you'll keep trying to swim.

Igorasaur said...
This poem really touched my heart. I lost someone very close to me to me and she took her own life.. This poem by far is one of the best I've read. I know if she was still here she would have loved it just as much as I do. Amazing poem, please don't stop writing them.

FlyleafFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
If I could relate to this poem anymore than I already do, I might as well have written it. Beautiful poem, very vivid worch choice and you dont drown the base of your poem in that. I pray for your friend there. 5/5 and a favorite for sure.

FlyleafFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 10:53 pm :
oops meant word of course, sorry for misspellings.

Raytheraym said...
Wow, this is really great! :)

ZoeLiddell said...
Wow, I can't even express how much I like this poem!! Great job :)

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the first stanza is definately my favorite by far. and i love how you say heaven may be nice but it may not be there at all. I believe 99.9% that there is a heaven for me, for us, but there is always a doubt. It is sooo hard not to be a Doubting Thomas! I relate to this poem. Not me personally, but I've known others who suffer from depressive thoughts, etc. i would love it if you could read my work! This is truly great. i would love to hear your opinion of some of mine. <3

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good. :) I like how you used colloquial language but also poetic metaphors and similes. Check out some of my work? :)

JessicaShari said...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:35 am:
I love this, especially the first paragraph. good job =)

Squeaks said...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 10:23 am:

This is really good. Ditto with HollyBell :) Thanks for posting!

--Squeaks

AllysonMarie said...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 8:48 am:
I loved it. I love how you made the reader wonder and think about what exactly the poem was about. Great Job!

HollyBell said...

This is so good! I especially love the first paragraph, very creative and imaginative. This should definately be printed in the magasine! If it isn't I'll be really disapointted because I've seen a lot of poems in there that aren't half as good as this. There is a lot of meaning in this and it's very powerful. Great Job.

Please check out mine? :)