Alone

My life in slow motion
Like swimming through syrup
Life all around
It's full speed ahead
The sound dulls to a roar
Echoes in my ear
When I walk
They separate
Not with awe nor fear
But as if a ghost walked the halls
I seem far off
A veil surrounds me
A bubble made real
Nothing else seems so
The mass of faces
Naught but a dream
So now it's just me
Alone

taylorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:53 am:
I love this poem ! Beautifully done! This is really well written and has a lot of metaphors throughout the entire piece. You're a great writer!

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
beautiful, I love the ending "now it's just me, alone" though the "nothing else seems so" line was kind of cut short... I don't quite get that part. still, 5/5

Pen2Paper said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:37 am:
I loved it, it summed up lonliness perfectly, in an intriguing sort of way. A really amazing poem.

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This perfectly describes loneliness!  I love the imagery in this piece as well.  Excellent work!  5/5 stars.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Great free verse poem.

5/5

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This Is Very good btw My Home Town Is Portsmouth, ohio:)

paige14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 29, 2011 at 10:49 pm :
Thank you! And I'm technically from Burg (don't hold that against me...) where do you go to school?

DaughterofEvil said...
I liked this poem. I was reminded of the sound of a distant train whistle as you walked all alone on a deserted road....in other words, you get a 4/5 for this. I can't wait to read your other works!

msp49This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked the way this poem flowed from word to word. You didn't try to make anything rhyme and it sounded natural. Good job!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow!! that was really good! emtional! but very good!!! Great work!!!! Keep writing!!! :)(: