Alone

My life in slow motion
Like swimming through syrup
Life all around
It's full speed ahead
The sound dulls to a roar
Echoes in my ear
When I walk
They separate
Not with awe nor fear
But as if a ghost walked the halls
I seem far off
A veil surrounds me
A bubble made real
Nothing else seems so
The mass of faces
Naught but a dream
So now it's just me
Alone

taylorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:53 am
I love this poem ! Beautifully done! This is really well written and has a lot of metaphors throughout the entire piece. You're a great writer!

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
beautiful, I love the ending "now it's just me, alone" though the "nothing else seems so" line was kind of cut short... I don't quite get that part. still, 5/5

Pen2Paper said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:37 am
I loved it, it summed up lonliness perfectly, in an intriguing sort of way. A really amazing poem.

CarrieAnn13 said...
This perfectly describes loneliness!  I love the imagery in this piece as well.  Excellent work!  5/5 stars.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Great free verse poem.

5/5

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This Is Very good btw My Home Town Is Portsmouth, ohio:)

paige14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! And I'm technically from Burg (don't hold that against me...) where do you go to school?

DaughterofEvil said...
I liked this poem. I was reminded of the sound of a distant train whistle as you walked all alone on a deserted road....in other words, you get a 4/5 for this. I can't wait to read your other works!

msp49 said...
I liked the way this poem flowed from word to word. You didn't try to make anything rhyme and it sounded natural. Good job!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow!! that was really good! emtional! but very good!!! Great work!!!! Keep writing!!! :)(: