Never Falling

Tomatoes are thrown
Toward my chest,
Anvils are dropping,
Barely missing my head,
Boulders are rolling,
Tumbling,
Trying to knock my feet from under me.

But somehow, I’m still standing.

My toes
Latching onto a wire
Miles into the sky,
My only comfort is clouds
Look like cushions that could catch me.

But I have balance.

It floated towards me
Wrapped in golden paper,
I took off the top and read the tag first,
It’s proper manners.
From God, it read.

I will be sending him a thank-you letter soon

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:24 am:
this was beautiful! And defiantly could get published!!!!! Hope it does! :)(:

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 10:37 am :
Thank you very much! :)

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:12 am :
your very welcome!!!! U desever these comments!!!! :)(:

IrishWriter said...
Nice poem! Really like it :D

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Lol I've already read this one too, but again I still love it and I'm probably gonna favorite it. Nice job! 5/5

Regs_the_Shorty said...
love it I liked how you said I will be sending him a thank you note soon. 5 stars!!!!!

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh how gorgeous! The last stanza is heartbreakingly beautiful, profound and vivid imagery. It seems simple, and yet I feel immense complexity lurking underneath, or is it the other way around?

silver_ice said...

this is great!love it!!

IceQueen said...
...wow.  This is really awesome!  I love it!

HannSawyer15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome awesome job! I really don't understand how some poems don't make it in the magazine... this was amazing and I really loved every part of it. Great job!

WithPenAndScriptThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The last line really made the poem...just....unique and special :) I enjoyed it immensly 

SN3RD said...
Nice poem! I just posted a chapter from my  book and I'd really like if you would go check it out, comment, and rate it thanks! :)

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:32 am:
I like this poem a lot! You could have gone so many different ways with this from the first stanza, but I like the route you chose. The last line is without a doubt my favorite :) Keep writing! :D

JerseyGirl716 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 1:10 pm :
My thoughts exactly :) Great job!

WiseGirl said...
Amazing message! This is so good!

msn9896 said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm:
It's sweet, and something I can relate to :) I like the alliteration of it

Raytheraym said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:55 pm:
Very good! Nice metaphors! :)

ArtsDefinition said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:19 pm:
This is absolutely lovely

Vicky11 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:44 am:
So mysterious, yet touching. A true poem :-)

HaleyDRog. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 6:48 pm:
I really loved how much imagery you had in this. You had great meaning to this peice of work and the message really stood out! Nice job!