Disclaimer:

CAUTION:

Do not ignore disclaimer.
Do not mispronounce.
Do not lie about owning this product.
Do not look directly at celestial body.
Do not apply for the FBI’s permission without permission from the FBI.
Do not hug teddy bear.
Do not read body language.
Do not pretend to be what you actually are.
Do not lie about what you actually are.
Do not confuse evil with good.
Do not confuse good with evil.
Do not confuse.
Do not detonate nuclear weapon.
Do not punch sibling.
Do not touch.
Do not ingest.
Do not cause Apocalypse.
Do not use product without protective goggles.
Do not use product with protective goggles.
Do not use product near flame.
Do not use product.

CAUTION: Living may be fatal. Do not live without first consulting a physician.

Do not read disclaimer.

Squeaks said...

You've got a couple great points there, Jade. You've got a great talent for irony-- and I love your caution. Well, actually, sometimes I'm afraid of how true it is. So true, but so oxymoronic, that we live to die. Except, that's a terrible way to put it. We live, at risk of dying, but not to die, we live to live, obviously. Dying just comes in turn.

Thanks for posting.

Squeaks replied...
I just took that way too seriously, didn't I? ;) I looked back at it and it was all of a sudden just really funny. Great point.

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha! :) Thank you! I guess you could read this either way. Personally, I believe it to be 98% nonsense. But even some nonsense has got truth in it, yes?

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is awesome!  I actually laughed aloud when reading this (my mother thinks I have issues now).  Great poem!  I love the quirky sense of humour.

Thank you much! ^-^

RedvinesWTHCantTheyDo said...
Hahaha I really love this. It's odd but in a good way. It doesn't make sense but it does. I like stuff like that. It's almost like Alice In Wonderland but not at all lol :)

Thank you! Um, yeah, I was just kind of writing them as they popped into my head. :) And I do like writing nonsense.

Writomania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:05 am
This made me laugh out loud. Your writing is weird in a weird way. Its not conventional... its different. This is what i like about it. :)

Thanks! Weird is what I'm going for, at least here, so that's good. :)