No Matter How Long You Search For Perfect

He lay in his bed
Top hat still on his head,
Thought he needed water
But he called me instead,
He tapped on his brim and said,

Everyone has their ticks and tocks,
Their rusty bolts,
And creaky locks,
They have leaking pipes,
And holes in their socks

The hat on his head revealed
His last grays as he stuck it on mine,
He in his robe, our hands intertwined,
I patiently listened as he began to explain,

Look down the line
Of one’s ancestry,
Never find it perfectly,
Clean of all life’s miseries,
There is no medicine
To cure all of one’s needs,
Nor are machines’
Or robots’ work one hundred percent guaranteed,
Life is a continual rhythm,
Of break and repair - be ready,
No matter how long you search for perfect
You’ll never find a flawless man to marry,
All have problems within ourselves
To fix, but not independently,
Best you can do is find someone like me

He winked at me,
I nodded my head,
My heart skipped a beat,
What I thought an old man’s murmurs
Was a great epiphany,
Saved perfectly for me

Not long after that,
The genius man,
Strapping on his angel wings,
One hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed
For the one and only perfect place is where they will lead,
Took his leave.

IndiewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this! Your idea is really unique and the rhyming flows perfectly(ironically). haha keep writing!(:

AbstractFragmentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The ryhming in the first stanza seemed incredibly forced to me, but I absolutely loved the rest. You have a very nice sense of ryhthm friend.

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
THis was a great poem with an awesome message. You're absolutly right, we can't be perfect so we need to be at peace

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved thie, and the flow was great! 5/5

Regs_the_Shorty said...
ABSOLUTELY POSITEVELY PERFECT 5 STARS

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This instantly reminded me of the mad hatter! Genius imagery and wording, by the way. This, in my opinion, should be published, without a doubt. 

little-miss-mistakes said...
i loved the flow of this!! i thought it was cute and spunky and meaningful in a kind of way that anyone can relate too.... im also always a sucker for a poem that tells a story!!! good job!!

little-miss-mistakes replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm :

it also feels kinda suessy, which i think is awesome!

silver_ice said...
wow wow wow you have a perfect feel flowing throughout the entire poem! this is awesome!

last-impression said...
I love this. Where did you find the inspiration to write this?

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 7:47 pm :
You know, just from myself. i want everything to be perfect. i worry about school, always about my family, and other things that stress you out. One day i sat back and from all this stress i had built up, i wrote it out and into a story! :) thanks for readin it!

KelliBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
I totally understand the constant "need" to worry. About grades, relationships, extracurricular activities, classes, not sleeping because you are worrying too much. All of it. I understand. This touched me because of that. Great Job. I know you get this alot but would you read my poem, "Unlocked". I would enjoy your constructive opinion on it.

Vidra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this is gorgeous! It's writtten so well and flows beautifully. Great job!

WithPenAndScriptThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Elegantly written and with a strong message behind teh words which radiated as I read. Very nice

kat2.0 said...
it is amazing and it is very interesting to read

andie_luv23 said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 11:38 am:
This is stunning. I'm absolutely speechless. I'm glad you commented on my Grammar article. I'm glad I read this. It's genius; enlightening. I love your language and rhyming. Beautiful.

bEllAhOPe said...
This is striking, in an excellent, poetic way. The message you sent was universal and tied in everything. I liked it quite a lot.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was amazing I loved it and the message!!!! :D

HIPPIEatHEART_writerINsoul This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:39 am:

This is absolute brilliance.

Thank you for writing it.

Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:32 am :
Thank YOU for reading it! :)