Why Does The Ocean Taste Like Tears?

It began in my mind
The inside of a cloud
Glorious brightness, pure
blue blackness dripping down

(It is true I do not have wings,
But don't tell me I don't belong here)

The patient star can watch
The silence gather and drain
In little sprinkles, drops, and showers,
Or in storms of stirring rain.

(Late-night phone calls and sublime encounters
Have little to do with mineral deposition)

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:25 am
wow i like when  a poem is so deep and full of emotion that when you read it ur like wait huh? and re-read it again. if that makes any sence. hahah! good job!

JerseyGirl716 said...
I officially LOVE your work. Awesome, awesome job.

ohheyyyelli said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 11:25 am
You are such a talented writer! Envious.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:20 am
You are so good ! I'm pretty sure you just blew my mind. Awesome job!

musicispassion said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:43 am
love the title and i never thought of the ocean tasting like tears great poem hope u keep writing

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is great. It sort of seems like it's running on a different wavelength that I can almost hear, but not quite.

Zildj This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:04 am
thank you!!

RandomInspiration replied...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:40 am
Ditto on the wavelength thing, i've never been able to describe it that effectively lol nice job

Robyn97 said...
The parentheses made things more interesting, although it was interesting in and of itself. Thoroughly enjoyable.

ritabelle511 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 10:23 am
I really liked this poem - I especially liked "pure blue blackness dripping down".  It just creates this super cool image in my mind!  I also really liked the parts in the parentheses - they made me think...always a good thing!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the title! It caught my eye! And this is a very cool poem! Great job again! :)

TwasBrilling said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:08 am
This is a really beautifully written poem! Congrats!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 6:26 am
i really like it! i think its written really well and i like the way its broken up :)