Rearrange and Break | Teen Ink

Rearrange and Break

By Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia
Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia

The future is unwritten. Yet, authored by the past. Our choices create what is soon to come, from our past to future. We cannot see the future, but dwelling on the past will strand us. Wait in the present until Present becomes past and future, present

All the things I take, when Im alone it all makes me break. Everything today seems to alter, to change, and all the things I take rearrange. All I want is for these feelings to be gone, to make them stop taking from my body so flawed. Im living the best I can, but it makes me no longer a man. All the time it changes, rearranges, and with it they put me in cages. I wish they wouldn't change, so i wouldn't feel so strange. So now Im hoping to find somewhere i can leave my heart behind. So I will no longer live, no longer feel, so from me they will no longer steal. They pick me up and kick me back down, but Id much rather end it all, and lay ten feet under the ground.

One of my darker pieces, as many are, it gives the insight of the one day in the life of those kids you see getting picked on unmercifully. It never got this far, but my friend had this experience and I felt it too. Let the this remind you to keep an open mind.