Asylum

Stuck in the walls of my mind,
my own personal asylum.
The screams echo inside,
but no one can hear me.
No one can see the pain,
the sorrow,
the troubles.
I'm dying on the inside
slowly, painfully.
I'm losing my mind.
The pain is starting to show through
to the outside,
showing people the craziness.
Maybe I do belong in an asylum,
one more than my own mind.
But for now I'm alone,
stuck,
in the jail cell of my own head.

Regs_the_Shorty said...
I can see why you told me to read this!!!! :) I liked it a lot I liked the references and comparisions!!!!!!!!! :)

Reader101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks!:) Haha so im guessing it got to you considering the extreme amount of exclamation marks?:)

Regs_the_Shorty replied...
C amigo!!!!!!!!! I don't know if that's how your supposed to spell it but that's how I say it!!!! :)

Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:11 am
siamigo:) hahaha the "s" has an accent though lol

aspiringdreamer said...
This poem was so vivid! I think you do a really good job of writing with imaginative simplicity, which makes your poems easy to relate to and very enjoyable to read. You are so talented! Definitely keep on writing :)

Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:19 am
You just made my day! Thank you SO much! my english teacher from last year was a really big poetry fan so basiclly all we did last year was poetry in her class and every1 struggled but Mrs. KP loved that I already had a poem written for every topic almost so when she wanted me to read a new one I would just go to the next one she hadnt read... i was in an advanced class and my class was filled with the popular kids who dont listen and mess aound and are too childish to talk about anything seriou... (more »)