The Poet Inside of Me

So what if I can’t rhyme my words right,
Or my lines just don’t flow?
I have a story I want to tell,
And I will make it known.

So what if I’m not the best writer,
Or not published in print?
I won’t be let down by rejection,
No, I won’t take the hint.

So what if writing is my passion?
I just want you to know,
I have a poet inside of me,
And I will let her show.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm:
yeah. I love this! You know, we all want to be heard and appreciated by what we do, but at the end of the day, we write because of no other reason than WE LOVE TO! :) Good job

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm :
Exactly! Thanks for the feedback!

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:38 am:
I feel the same way!

Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:45 am :
:D I am very determined to get in the magazine though..

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:50 am :
I am too! I hope that we both get published! Win - win!

Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:50 am :
I am too. I hope that we both get published! Win-win!

Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:55 am :
I'm sure you will. Your haikus are fantastic(:

ColorfulExpectations said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:15 am:
This is a really good article, really well written. I also totally agree with your poem. It's great, and it also sends the message: "don't give up on what you love just because society may not consider it the 'best'."

ColorfulExpectations replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:16 am :
Oh also, can you give me the name of the person on tumblr?

.Izzy. replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:15 am :
werestuckinthistown

Kaleighgirl97 said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm:
Yay! i finally found it and i absolutely love it! thats so true for me too! I think your rhymimg pattern is great and it has great flow.

Jul. 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm :
Thank you :D

writer_girl replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
This poem is really good! I can tell just through this that you are a brilliant writer!

Jul. 5, 2011 at 6:49 pm :
Really? Thanks!

lambertluver112 replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:52 am :
Well... it toook me a while to find it .... lol but WOW... i like it....(: truely!

Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm :
Thank you(: