The Poet Inside of Me

So what if I can’t rhyme my words right,
Or my lines just don’t flow?
I have a story I want to tell,
And I will make it known.

So what if I’m not the best writer,
Or not published in print?
I won’t be let down by rejection,
No, I won’t take the hint.

So what if writing is my passion?
I just want you to know,
I have a poet inside of me,
And I will let her show.

sunny.all.day. said...
This is really good, and I love how a lot of us can relate to this :) 

jhsironmen12 said...

hey, great poem. i seen that you commented on a thread me n my friend started and i was wondering if you wanted to tlk sometime?

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Suree(: Which thread was it again?

DezyDee said...
Omg!! I LOVE THIS! This is exactly how I felt when I first started writing. And because I was being strong in my dreams, they came true. I am now a semi finalist in a poetry contest in World Poetry Movement. Keep the faith. I love the poet inside of you already haha :D

Congrats that's awesome!

gracegirl29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this! It's very clear and every aspiring writer should get this message. :)

That was why I wrote it! Thank you!

Emily.L said...
I hear your voice in this, and it's really nice and strong :) Awesome poem!

Thank you!

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 12:18 am
This is a great poem. I actually write one titled The Reader Reads and I haven't submitted it to the site yet. It's kind of asdfghjkl. Argh, nyah! Anyway, I really like this poem. Good job, .Izzy.! :)))

Argh, nyah?! O.o Great description :b

musicispassion said...
 beautifully written i agree being rejected by publishers isn't gonna change my mind about writing are publishers writers they don't always know what it takes to write and it's their loss to lose out on great books and poems

I know! I'd think it be really ironic if this got published >.<

musicispassion replied...
i would crack up :P

Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:27 am
Haha same here :P

shadowrider said...
This is gorgeous, wonderful, and inspiring. Wonderful poem! I can totally relate.

Thanks!! :)

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing. I absolutely love it. I relate.

Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:19 am
Thank you(:

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yeah. I love this! You know, we all want to be heard and appreciated by what we do, but at the end of the day, we write because of no other reason than WE LOVE TO! :) Good job