A Four Leaf Clover

A field of green
Through which I run
And laugh
And scream for pure joy
A field of clovers
Whose lobes
Number four

Finally
I can run
No more
My throat
And mouth
Dry
And cracked

But as I fall
To my knees
Upon
The soft green velvet
I smile still
I pluck a clover
And I see
The sorrows
Even a clover
Has
Bleed
Into thin air
Leaving naught
But ruddy gold

Any other day
I would not stop to wonder
I would gather up
Every clover
There has ever been
But today…
Today is different
Today
I marvel

CarrieAnn13 said...
Wow, the imagery in here is beautiful!  It's a simple poem, but it flows well and I like the idea.  Excellent work; I have no criticism!

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 12:37 am
You have one of the most unique ways of desribing things. It's amazing. Your poem flows beautifully , and your eloquence is right on the dot. You create marvelous imagery through this. Really , fantastic job!

Dark_Mind said...
Its a very lovely poem. It does make me think of how we can find beauty in simple things. Just marvoulous this poem is. Great job.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Poetically sweet, savored, each word a lemon drop on the tongue.

HannSawyer15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You're really good with wording things... this poem really made me think and I really loved it. Great job and keep writing! :)

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! :D

Raytheraym said...
Very nicely done! It really should be bled. Or "...even a clover bleeds into..." without the "has". :)

What I'm trying to say in that bit is how even a clover has some bad things in it's life, but when I plucked it they all went away.

Raytheraym replied...
But the "has bleed" there don't make any sense. It's not proper grammar...

Maybe it will make more sense in sentence form. "I pluck a clover and I see the sorrows even a clover has bleed into thin air."

Raytheraym replied...
It would still need to be bled.... Maybe if you try reading it out loud... Are you sure you're pronouncing it right?

JerseyGirl716 said...
I love it! Just one thing: should "bleed" be "bled", or am I missing something? Great poem, awesome imagery!

It's supposed to be bleed. The whole poem is in present tense.

JerseyGirl716 replied...
I think what threw me off was "has bleed"; something there doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of how to fix it. So just totally ignore my comment, it's a great poem either way :)

Tiffanie_marie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem, it gives me the sense that you can find beauty in the simplest of things

Vicky11 said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:53 am
Lovely poem, I love running through fields, and you captured the feeling of it perfectly :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:39 am
Great imagery and your flow is also pretty fantastic :) Keep writing!

ohheyyyelli said...
Lovely imagrey, once again[:

AndrewTheGreat said...
  Great job! Great personification & imagery, its a very vivid, amazing poem!

OceanFey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem. I felt like I could feel every emotion :)