Change

Time never delays,
Life just goes on,
Changes happen everywhere,
And nothing ever stays,
Ever stays the same.

We change, people change,
Our world changes…

Change; never sure where it'll lead,
If it’s for better or worse,
No one ever really has a clue,
But always give it a chance.
It'll lead us somewhere, somewhere new.

And I’ve been changing,
Heading towards somewhere new in life,
But sometimes, I still glance behind me,
Remember old memories,
Memories of you and I.

Remember when we once searched for life’s worth?
We’d been foolish, we should’ve known…
We’d soon discover;
All we needed to make life worth living was each other.

And time will never change this, friend.

Never really matters how much our lives change,
Never matters how much time has passed,
We’ll always need each other.

Yes, never really matters how much our crazy worlds may change,
Nothing will ever change our friendship.

And as we continue growing, learning,
As changes lead us towards somewhere new…
Remember, please
There’s one thing that’ll never change;
How much I love you.

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 5:05 pm:
That's very good. :) It's very proufound yet simple, and has a good bittersweet feel to it.

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:44 pm :

Thanks!

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm:
This is very pretty and so true! :) I love the last stanza especially.

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:43 pm :
Thanks so much for the feedback. =)

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:15 am :
You are so welcome! Could you by any chance give me some feedback on my stuff?

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:28 am:
I like this!!! I love the way you showed change and growth throughout this whole thing. It was very well done. :)

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm :
Thank you! =)

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:19 am:
This was very good! I liked it a lot! The one thing you could improve would be making the lines all similar in  length. This sounds like it would make great song lyrics!

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm :
Thanks!

vzimmerman said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:38 pm:
I really like it alot. You explain the great power, and impact of change so much that each time the emotions get stronger and stronger. Then near the end when you get into the friendship you capture the true strength of having that one friend. And no matter what happens you will never lose an ounce of love of them. It was great(: Nice poem. Truly 5/5. 

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm :
Thanks! =)

MariaP. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 2:06 pm:
Hey great job! It would be a good poem for a card for a friend or even a special someone (: Try to notice your rhyming patterns to make them consistent.

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm:
WOW!! this is sooo beautiful! Great job! abd post more!  (Sorry for advertizing) I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If u had time, it would be awesome if u could check them out and post feedback and comments if u like them or not. Thanks! and keep writing!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm :
This is super great! and I just wanted to say that i gave it 5/5. and I DO mean it! I can relate and I loved it! Its now one of my favs! great job allthe way! :)(:

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm :
Thanks, I will check out your work. =)

CrazyBeautifulLifee said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm:
Wow . This poem was great .. it's like you read my mind !! You should post more of your work ! (:

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:45 am:

nice job.... so true and so clear.... this is a very good piece of poetry.

TAR11 said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:23 am:
I really like the contrast.  It's a solid poem with a really important message and my favorite part is definitely the last stanza.  Nice work. 

musicispassion said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm:
i really like this and my fav part was the last stanza this is great how come u don't have more stuff posted? this is so sweet

ElleNicole replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:59 pm :

Thanks!

And it's because I've been sending in poems to different magazines, contests, etc. I was just trying TeenInk and I only sent in one poem. I will send in more, I promise. =)

musicispassion replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:01 pm :
good u sho uld expect great comments from them