I'm Not Going To Get Up Today

I'm not going to get up today,
I'd rather just sleep the day away.
I'm sick of the anger and the tears,
The heartbreak, the worries and the fears.

Don’t call me because I’ll be asleep,
Please leave a message after the beep.
And don’t bother knocking on my door,
Because in my room, away I’ll snore.

I’ll take your drama another day,
But for now, just run along and play.
My blankets are pulled up to my chin,
I won’t get up, is that such a sin?

I’m not going to get up today,
I’d rather just sleep the day away.
So don’t bother me, oh pretty please,
Because I’d rather just catch some Z’s.

Emily.L said...
Ah, story of my life. That's exactly how it is with me in the mornings haha

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha same here :b

gracegirl29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ahh, I know exactly how you feel. It probably wasn't the most poetic thing I've ever read, but it was very clever and needless to say this is a poem I'm sure anyone can relate to. :)

Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:00 am
Haha thanks(: Of course being in cross country I don't really have time to be lazy anymore, but when I do this is exactly how I feel

musicispassion said...
i like "the laeve a message after the beep" and " is that such a sin" i'm a lazy person and i'm always told that being lazy isn't write but hey guess what leave me alone i'm young i don't have to go to work i don't have to change a dipaer i'm a kid and i'm gonna enjoy being lazy while I can love this poem and agree with you

That's exactly how I feel :D

musicispassion replied...
great minds think alike:P

Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:12 am
Of course :D

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:36 am
Very very teenagery sounding!

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:36 am
My theme song!

Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:48 am
I think this is any typical teenager's theme song :b Of course, since I do cross country I can't sleep in anymore D:

whitstar27 said...
 I can relate to this. ( I'm gonna read your novels when I have more time. They seem good)

Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:09 am
Alright, I'd love feedback on them(:

LynellePoet said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:38 am
It's okay. Few things i would fix, like the way you say don't call me then you talk about leaving a message. (Because that's still calling.) It didn't particularly stand out as absolutely amazing, but it's not bad.

Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:43 am
Hm...I didn't think about that. Thanks for pointing that out

Alon_Freevoice said...
Oh, I have these days too. :)
By the way, this is like Bruno Mars's The Lazy Song. And, oh, I like the rhymes but I don't know why you put it in the free-verse section.

Good job again... :D

Yeah I've heard that song a couple of times but now that you've pointed it out, it does remind me a lot of this song. I'm not sure why I put it in free verse, I wasn't really sure what section it belonged in.

ColorfulExpectations replied...
Haha, I know exactly how you feel. This is a great poem, really cute. You're a great writer, so keep at it!

Awh thanks(:

Silent_Artist replied...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 7:24 am
I like it. The last line made me smile ;)