Looking in the Mirror

Looking in the mirror...

I see my smile is bright,
Held in place by feelings burning strong,
My whole expression is alight:
Thank you, deceptive smile.

My eyes are brilliant and shining
Not filled with tears or down-cast,
That happy glimmer is kept in place:
I owe you one, beguiling eyes.

I am held up lightly, casual and carefree...
Muscles unclenched, tension-free
My body language lies:
I am grateful, loyal physical matter.

The thoughts raging in my head, however
Are stubbornly uncooperative.
Brutally honest, inescapable.
Screw you, inner turmoil.

I let my eyes fill with tears,
Let my smile slip away,
Let my shoulders sag with the unbearable weight.
Thanks, Reality.

I turn from the reflection,
Not yet ready to see how honesty unfolds.
I allow myself to be overwhelmed by true emotions.

Thank you, self.

Angie.HudakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is deff the most beautiful piece of writing I've ever read! I completely love it, tagged as my favorite, for sure(: keep up the work, and I'll be sure to keep reading!

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm :
Thanks so muchl, I will! That is a huggge compliment :)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:32 pm:
very relateable, i feel like this...basically everyday, but a good piece! :)

Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
Thank you thank you :)

thetruthishere94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:41 pm:
This is really creative yet very relateable! i feel your emotion! Good Job! :)

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm :
I love this! I love the ending the most, and the deceptive smile part. Dude, if i could this would be 87 stars! This should be in the magazine.

Jul. 11, 2011 at 4:16 pm :
Aw thank you both so much! :) Your comments mean an awful lot to me :)

CieraDesiree replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:09 pm :
Very good and easy to relate to, I love it!

Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm :
Muchas gracias! :)