Melt Into the Night, I Tell You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Melt into the Night,
I tell you.
Let the stars
be your bubble bursts;
the cricket's buzz
be your whistle fizz;
the Moon Man's midnight passion
be your source of heat.

Melt into the Night,
I tell you.
Let the morning glory's velvet petals
close around your soul.
Welcome the sleepy moths
to nestle good-night into your hair.
Dissolve your flesh into the ground,
for once it came from there.

Melt into the Night,
I tell you.
Fly away amongst the silver-mist clouds;
Sip seething soothing
camomile tea with the Queen,
whatever your dreams allow.

Make sure you congeal in the morning, though.
'Tis the one thing you must do.
But until then
you are free,
my dear.
Melt into the Night,
I tell you.

dawnof17 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:11 am:
I'm all over wild. I take poetry stuff on email, and have never seen anything that floats or flies like yours. I'm just beside myself. I have poems, but haven't posted many.

EmilyRosebudThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:15 am :
Awwwww thanks! So have you posted any on teenink? I'm really curious o.O You should post more!

Kayla E. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:19 am :
It's kinda scary, ploppin my poems out there. But yes, once I get my feet under me and my nose on my face and suches, I'll definitely be sticking myself out more :)

Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:28 am :
Wait...so are you dawnof17??? Well whoever you are, yessss!!! Go for it! Who cares about whether others like what you write or not or even if you yourself like it. Someone is bound to see greatness, if not, potential in what you do. Everyone grows and shrinks sometimes when it comes to whatever they are passionate about, but in the end, its the passion and the bravery to share that passion with the world that makes you grow bigger than any flower in the garden ;)

Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:51 pm :

Yah whatever. I'm slopping all over, trying to get my wits together here. The name is Kayla, my middle name is Dawn, I do prefer that.

Yes, as you say, I want to have that bravery to air my passion with the whole wide world.

P@in545 replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm :
I agree with EmilyRosebud, As long as you love what you do it doesnt matter what others think. Just have fun and enjoy it

dawnof17 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:06 am:
I'm completely, head-over-heals --JEALOUS. This poem is too awesome. I just have to memorize it and whisper it everywhere I go.

Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:07 am :
Heeeeyy again!!! Thank you!