Seize the day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We held the ropes and strung them tight to let you go,
watching as you became tinier and tinier climbing down,
yet growing greater and greater.
The sail caught the wind and you
stopped to catch your breath
and then you yelled to us “Come down! It's not that scary!”
We peered over the edge, letting our eyes roam over the shore
where you stood, unrestrained and laughing;
saw the sea ravaging the land,
tumultuous and loud,
thought for a moment that it looked
unbridled and wild
wide and free
(maybe not that scary after all)
but then the sail caught the wind and
We sailed on.

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Congratulations on getting published, Destinee! :)

Destinee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aw, thank you Imagine! :) 

i like pie said...
Hi. I'm not a member on this site, but I would really like to talk religion with you. I'm a mormon, by the way. 

I like pie replied...
Here's a little tidbit; I know where God came from. God used to be mortal, but He did really well in his own life, so His God glorifed him and made Him our God. 

i like pie replied...
Following that logic, you will find that if we do really, really well on earth, then we can 'grow up' and be God's of our own universes. 

Hi I Like Pie! Of course we can discuss religion. :)

Are you Mormon, haha? 

And I'm afraid that logic is flawed. God cannot be created by definition. Furthermore, who created HIS creator?

(And sorry for the late reply; TI emails me at wonky times...)

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome Dessy, you're poem got published!! Great job ^_^

Aw, thanks! :) Yeah, I hope they send me the mag, cuz no way am I buying it, LOL.

savetheplanet said...
I like the last line. :D

cookiegirl said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:02 am
Ì like your poem:) The way it's written is amazing and unique 

Aw, thanks. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:48 am
How very wonderful! There are some moments which are simply iridescent in our hearts. I quite liked the brevity of the last line.

Thanks very much. :) I think the photo, however, is far more impressive than my measly little poem, haha. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

The photograph is, I now see, quite nice.

But your poem is by no means measly.