Observation of a Tree

Towering above.
A giant.
Branches,
like extended arms
sway softly.
Soothing.
Turned down,
protecting us.
Small needled branches,
move like cunning fingers,
luring us into day-dreams.
Roots below,
steady the tree in great big winds.
The body,
Rough,
Tall,
Magnificent.?Enchanting.

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:27 am
I like it a lot, one suggestion though, change the title. I don't know, the title just takes away the feel of it a little bit. :) Keep up the good wrk.

samiasaskia24 replied...
Thanks, I guess I called it that because I was observing a tree when I wrote it, but good suggestion the title should catch the mood of the poem!

TwasBrilling said...
I like the 'small needled branches/movie like cunning fingers'

emanmkhan said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:22 am

Nice job on using personification! It feels as if the trees are our protectors...our guardians...

Feels good to be put into a new perspective. And by the way, did you get an A+ on this assignment?

samiasaskia24 replied...
At the school I went to one did not get graded on homework. I'd like to think I would have though!!!! Thank you soooooo much again!

sakina said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 4:14 am
It's reaally good and keep writing...:)

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You make the trees sound like family members that look out for us and protect us. Awesome job.

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You make a tree sound so wonderful!

samiasaskia24 replied...

Thanks, and also, could you look and comment on my poem There is Nothing Now!!!!!!! it would be extremely helpful!!!!!!!!! I can look at something else of yours!!!!! Any one  who sees this, please feel free to do the same!!!!!!!!

inkblot13 said...
Umm, wow. I'm extremely jealous. Good job! The imagery and word choice is amazing

samiasaskia24 replied...
I am truely flatterd! Thank you!

FoxGloveFlowerxxx replied...
I am jealous as well. Keep writing! I like how people use personaification. I liked " Cunning Fingers."

samiasaskia24 replied...
I'm flatterd again! Thank you!