Words

A knife, a razor, a sword
A wicked sharp blade
A whisper, a sigh
By my voice is made

A sadness, a sickness
Portrayed by death
A shadow, a pest
My story takes form

A laugh, a cry
A happy child
A wish to die
The end of a tale

All in all
I shape the world
By means of pen, paper and voice
And the words of one girl

ams98 said...
i love this:)))) great job writing it::))))

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm :
Thanks so much!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Like this! :)

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:42 pm :
Thank you!

Raytheraym said...
Wow, great job! I really like it! :)

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm :
Thank you!

HannSawyer15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice! I'm a really big fan of poems that are harsh and this is definately something that you just can't help but think about after reading it... good job and keep writing!

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm :
Thank you so much!

Eirias said...

Very good. Yes, I think we have all written (or thought about writing) something like this, because we as writer truly do understand the power of words. For specifics:

Line 2: I'd suggest "wickedly"

Line 4: I'd suggest "by this my voice"

Line 6: I feel like there's a word missing. "Portrayed by da-da-ing death" sounds so much for final. Sickening would fit, but you've already used it.

I want to add "its" on line 8.

Line 12: I actually feel like... (more »)

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 3:54 pm :

Thank you!

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with the poem! Ironically enough i just wrote something similar. Great job!

WiseGirl replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm :
Thanks so much!

Iamhere4uThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:34 am:
Wow!So true. I agree. Words have more power than one can believe.

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:00 am :
Oh my gosh! Thanks so much!

FunTimes said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:10 pm:

It's great great great . . . double great!

I think you did a nice job on this poem, I can really understand the power of words and how it shapes the world. 

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:32 pm :
Thank you so much!

sweetdollsarahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm:
Amazing!!!!! I cannot help but applad you!! This poem is so simple but under the simpleness is a feeling of power!! GREAT POEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 4:31 pm :
Thanks so much!

thetruthishere94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 12:30 am :
You speak the speak that all us writers feel. Whether amateurs or acclaimed poets, we all want to be that voice that people will listen to and inspire, make pause, and read over once more. I really like the poem, perfection!!! 

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 12:32 am :
Oh my gosh, thank you!