Behaviors | Teen Ink

Behaviors MAG

By MousyNona SILVER, Albany, California
MousyNona SILVER, Albany, California

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

You
Will never be tempted to touch a
Wall until it's covered from ceiling to floor
In wet paint. You will never touch it unless
It says Do Not Touch. Wet Paint.
But only kids will touch
And giggle.
We will touch
And hide our hands
As if we were born
to
hide.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

At first, I didn't fully understand what your poem was saying. Now, I do. And must agree with everyone else here, that this poem is beautifully written. The simplicity of the format and imagery add the innocence of a child; but underneath it all, it the mature depth of someone who knows a little more about Life than a child. 5/5

on Mar. 16 2013 at 5:02 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

* unsuspecting

on Mar. 16 2013 at 5:00 am

- Maya Angelou

This poem is so amazing and true.... It just hit me like a bucket of water splashed on to an insuspecting person...Absolutely breathtaking.

GinryuStargazer BRONZE, N/A, Minnesota

This world is just a battleground for ideals.

This is honestly one of the better poems on this site. Simple message, original way of portraying it. The first poem on here in a LONG time to intrigue me. Thank you.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

I like it. It's true too. People often tend to do things that they shouldn't do just for the fun of being daring.  

MousyNona SILVER, Albany, California

Sorry about the picture. I don'tk now what happened, but it has no relation to the poem whatsoever.