Adoring Drizzle

I have always loved the rain
ever since i was little, when it would rain
i jump on puddles
i would purposely
get caught in the rain
and I would stay outside
until I was soaked
raindrops were my lullaby
watching the rain in your car
talking to you
i want to freeze that moment
Forever

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm:
I like the brevity of each line; it adds a lot to the whole idea of the simplicity of adoration for the rain. I LOVE the poem itself because it reminds me of when I was little, and it gives me a lot of joy to be reminded of those moments. Thanks for writing this!

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 8:31 pm :
You are so very welcome! :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 11:48 pm :
i do love how this poem perfectly flew out of you, and ended well-ly. unlike some idiot doing jumping jacks in the parkin lots who doesnt know when to stop.

Aug. 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm :
uh, Ok. Thank you! :0

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm :
Um, er, excuse me, Boosflash. But I'm that idiot doing jumping jacks in the parking lot. But I'll stop if it's bothering you.

Aug. 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm :

Wait, you guys know each other in real life? 

You did that?! That's kind-of funny! He he he! :)

It's OK. I did totally weird things like that too! :)

Aug. 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm :
No, no; it was only a metaphor. ;)

Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm :

well then, get out of my parking lot. and take your stupid metaphor. you and your duck.

-i love you...hehehe.

Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:05 am :

Boosflash, Boosflash, Boosflash

Whatever are we going to do with you...

:) :) :)

Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:06 am :
Well (hastily placing  my bowler hat on the top of my head and sweeping up both duck and metaphor in my arms), I suppose I had better get going then.

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:19 am:
Your lines seem cut short, that's really interesting, it's like an abrupt and excited breath of air.

Jun. 15, 2011 at 11:10 am :
It wasn't on purpose. This poem just flew out of me. :)

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm :
I love poems that you just write on the spot, they're usually the best ones.  I like the last line, "I want to freeze that moment / Forever"

Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:24 am :

:)

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated.