Rebirth

She carved her dreams into conception
in cryptic writing
across her skin,
watching as they streamed
down her arms,
down her thighs.
She carved her hopes
across her flesh,
brought them to life
the pain of birth
building up inside of her.
She wanted to scream,
silently screamed into her arms
into her legs
into her bloodline.
Cut slowly,
painfully:
A measured death
for her firstborn.
Only to be born again tomorrow.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:19 am:
Hey Dess! Finally figured I'd look at your work, since we talk all the time:) You're an amazing poet, I liked the one that got in the magazine too but I thought this one deserved attention as well. I loved this, the imagery was breathtaking, and so emotional.

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's so powerful, the force of the words just hit you.

DestineeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 12, 2011 at 8:20 pm :
*Blushes* Wow, thanks Liz. :)

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 12, 2011 at 8:31 pm :
No problem, anytime! ;)

sakinaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 3:24 am:
Ur work is just amazing...:)

Sept. 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm :
Thank you! :)

DaylightDarkness said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm:
wow! just... wow.

miracle_of_hope replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:35 pm :
this is creepy, beautiful and overall very well written

Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:37 pm :
*Blushes* Thanks a lot, you guys. And haha, creepy? :)

miracle_of_hope replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 7:39 pm :
um yeah kinda just the last 3 lines though

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:44 am:
The poem is, inevitably (because of the subject matter), very dark; and has quite a lot of emotional substance to it. It gives reason to pain, and passion to what is often considered just another case of teen angst. You wrote it, obviously, very well. The last line, I'm glad to say, was very uplifting. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:46 am :

I'm also happy to notice the 'ex' in front of 'cutter' which you use to describe your friend.

WHOA, you're Canadian?

For some inexplicable reason, I love Canadians. Not in a creepy way, but in the same way I love Europeans.

Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:11 pm :
Thank you. And I'm happy to say she's continued with her abstinence from that bad habit. :) 

Indeed I am. We just had Canada Day, actually. I wish I held the same high regard for Americans, but unfortunately, I don't. I like stereotypical Americans, like those really patriotic ones or the really dumb ones? They are funny. :)

Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:13 pm :
Argh, stupid censor!!! 

Thank you. :) I'm happy to report that she's continued with her a.bstinence from that bad habit. 

Yes, I am, haha. I wish I could say that I held the same high regard for Americans, but unfortunately, I don't. (I think most of the world agrees with me on that one. :P) I like Russians and Germans, though. And the Turkish. :)

Jul. 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm :

I, as an American, do not feel too strongly about Americans either. But you know, in every group of a hundred Americans, you find a pretty decent one. :) So... there's that.

I had the INCREDIBLE fortune of meeting a family of Germans in the heart of Texas (of all places, really). My fascination with them bordered on me being a stalker, but I've managed to tone down my passion for Europeans to a mild liking.

Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm :
Yeah, you do. There seem to be quite a lot of those 1 in a 100 Americans on this site. :) 

Haha, that's funny.