I Am Gray

I am white
Pure and innocent
Thoughtful and naive
Like a newborn lamb

I am black
Strong and proud
Outcasted and unique
Like a black sheep

This isn’t black and white
Clear cut and to the point
Life is a variation of colors
Shaded and blended together

I am mixed
Located in the middle
Of the shading scale
Not two toned, but one whole

I am gray

Ethereal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 10:22 am
beautiful comparison, life is blurry, so many choices... gray. I love it! the ending is perfect, and it flows gracefully, even though it doesn't rhyme. This is a great poem- I don't really have anything bad to say about it, totally five stars!

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great message! Everyone is a mixture of different personalities. What a great poem. I really like it!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I do love the transition and uncertainty- I'm this, no I'm this, no....I'm actually this.

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked how it flowed, and honestly it was some of the bes poem ive read on here :)

Shadowrider said...
This is beautiful, and perfectly poetic. I loved it!