Eva Regina

To spin Victors from such Foes--
From oafish Commoners and
Anarchists alike
To sleigh-- and present reddened dagger to
The Jest'
To bow to church Mouse from the pedestal and
Toss crown to hungry Market

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm:

Your poetry, its beckoning is irresistable! Your language is so smooth and complex that I am left feeling that your thought is on a much higher level than mine own. All the same, it is a pleasure to do what little I can to try and understand it.

I very much like the contrast in this little poem, and how it nearly defies reason. The last two lines, especially, do a remarkable job of tearing down what is rigidly sensible to leave behind something infinitely greater. Does that mean a... (more »)

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm :

Yes, that does mean something to me. I am so grateful that you are so drawn to my poetry! I'm often afraid I'll alienate readers with the way I write.

And don't be so sure that my thoughts are higher than yours! I think a lot, and it seems like you do too.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 7:38 pm :

Oh, I'm glad you understood. :)

This may be a silly question, but what does the title "Eva Regina" mean?

Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:52 am :
 It isn't a silly question. :) Whenever I title my poems as names, it's usually because the name means something relevant to the poem. The meaning of the name Eva is "giver of life", and the meaning of the last name Regina is "queen".