I Hate Your Laugh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I hate your eyes.
But it's not that murky excuse for green that I hate
It's their ability to stare in mine
Hold them so intensely
And pour Grade A lies so fluidly

I hate your laugh.
Like a teacher's sturdy nails against the blackboard
With a hint of base of course
To make up for the basics that define you as a man.
Maybe.

I hate your hair.
The eight-dollar bottle of that pharmacy chestnut brown
That now traps your natural beach blonde locks
I believe your haircut has been long overdue
But that would mean chopping off your wannabe Bieber shag.

I hate your teeth.
Who knew behind those pearly whites
Festered so much rage
When you would clench them together
Throwing one of your first-class hissy fits.

What [I] hate the most about you?
I don't even know
If you would be ab[L]e to comprehend the truth
That I'm about to sh[O]ot through your veins
If it could e[V]en sink through that thick skull
Lay[E]red with your various comics
And your classic John Ma[Y]er CD's
Y[O]u wo[U]ldn't even be able to grasp it.

So the question still stands.
I can't exactly put my finger on it.
But.

I'm pretty sure I just hate you.

Emma-RileyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 7, 2012 at 7:09 am:
i love this poem! i could practically see the person you were describing, and i love being "in" the writing that i read! AMAZING  

silver_ice said...
o man i love this one! it's so cute!

little-miss-mistakes said...
i love this!!! true and honest and just plain mad! keep it up!!

HannSawyer15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm :
Aha thanks! :)

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was very cool. You know the taylor swift cds where they capitalize the letters spelling out things? just wondering if that is where you got this idea. I like the letter thing and how there is a hidden message in what you are saying! Next time i would recommend you leave out the brackets and just capitalize. it would make it less distracting, but it would still be noticeable! great job on this. Sweet!

thetruthawaits94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm :
oh and i agree with brightburningcampeador. maybe make the message longer and spread out the letters throughout. Or in the very last line, make it so that it is saying i hate you but the capitalized letters say i love you in the same sentence! but obviously you will have to add more than just i hate you so that it would work. just another idea!

Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm :
Thanks! And I had no idea Taylor Swift did that actually... I'm really not a fan of her. lol

Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:27 pm :
me neither! Don't really like country music in general... lol

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome poem! I have on suggestion. Maybe you couyld scatter the bracketed letters throughout the poem, like one every verse.

Aug. 10, 2011 at 5:54 pm :
Thats actually a really awesome suggestion! Never thought of that! Thanks! :)

ohheyyyelli said...
I love this! The beginning was so good, and I'm going to be honest, the brackets kind of ruined the flow for me, but otherwise I really loved it.

Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:48 pm :
I appreciate your honesty! And thank you! :)

WithPenAndScriptThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love, love, love this. Cute, quirky and very unique. The "I Love You" was brilliant. :)

Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:14 pm :
Thank you! I appreciate it!

WithPenAndScriptThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:31 am :
No problem :)

marissa87 said...
u r such a good writer! wow!! love it!

Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:14 pm :
Thanks so much!

marissa87 replied...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm :

ur welcome keep writting!!1

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

I love it !

I like the creativity of using parentheses to spell out " I love you".

It's such a cute poem !

:)

Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:13 pm :
Thank you... means a lot. :)