A Good Bowl Of Spaghetti

April 13, 2011
By flyingpinkgiraffes PLATINUM, Chardon, Ohio
flyingpinkgiraffes PLATINUM, Chardon, Ohio

"When in doubt, kill your main character." ~Me
"Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere."

A good story
Is really no different from a good bowl of spaghetti.
I ladle ideas on collage ruled notebook paper
With a serving spoon.
Sometimes dainty angel hair ideas
Or deep, round rigatoni ideas.
I add a coating of creativity, warm and with the perfect amount of spices
Thyme, parsley, rosemary.
Then I take a spoon and dig in, eating in big gulps
Not leaving until I’ve finished.
Then, once I am satisfied
I drink a swig of milk to wash it down
and nod in approval, smiling

Please please tell me what you think. I'm sort of low on feedback and ratings. And I know people read my stuff, I've checked. My question is that if 80 people read a certain story, how come I only get one comment? Seriously, don't leave me in the dark. Even if you hate it, tell me so.

on Feb. 13 2013 at 6:33 pm
flyingpinkgiraffes PLATINUM, Chardon, Ohio

"When in doubt, kill your main character." ~Me

Thanks. :)

EAPoe PLATINUM said...
on Feb. 13 2013 at 3:33 pm
EAPoe PLATINUM, Vermillion, South Dakota

"I only write what I feel." -Me

I like spaghetti, so this was a really good idea to compare it to writing.

on Mar. 15 2012 at 10:49 am
Special-Ice-Apples GOLD, Pinedale, Arizona

"Love is just a word until someone special comes along and gives it a meaning."

"I love walking in the rain, 'cause then no one can tell I'm crying."

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."

I love it! It's amazing.

on Mar. 15 2012 at 10:18 am
A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

well i prefer your other work over thisone honestly. its not bad, just not my style.

on Nov. 17 2011 at 5:28 pm
flyingpinkgiraffes PLATINUM, Chardon, Ohio

"When in doubt, kill your main character." ~Me

that's a good idea.  thanks for that.  I'd do it now, but then i'd have to delete it and wait the rest of my life for it to be reapproved :-)

on Nov. 5 2011 at 9:59 pm
Prometheus PLATINUM, East Aurora, New York
Great concept.  Perhaps you could return to the "good story" metaphor at the end?

on May. 20 2011 at 3:43 pm
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Daaaang. I would never have thought of comparing a good story to a bowl of spaghetti. Cool idea. And, a lot of people don't leave comments. Don't worry about it too much, don't stress over it. You should see. I have one picture that has I think 700 some people that looked at it and only one comment. SOmetimes it depends on the person. There was one person once who I knew from before I changed my username last year. They heard about my work from another user and that's how word got around about my work. Maybe the same will happen with yours. Try posting something in the writing forum and ask for feedback there before you post it like this one. The forums are usually answered quickly, so you may possibly have better luck with there, although I've never done it myself.

SciArc