A Good Bowl Of Spaghetti

A good story
Is really no different from a good bowl of spaghetti.
I ladle ideas on collage ruled notebook paper
With a serving spoon.
Sometimes dainty angel hair ideas
Or deep, round rigatoni ideas.
I add a coating of creativity, warm and with the perfect amount of spices
Thyme, parsley, rosemary.
Then I take a spoon and dig in, eating in big gulps
Not leaving until I’ve finished.
Then, once I am satisfied
I drink a swig of milk to wash it down
and nod in approval, smiling

EAPoeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13 at 3:33 pm:
I like spaghetti, so this was a really good idea to compare it to writing.

flyingpinkgiraffesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 13 at 6:33 pm :
Thanks. :)

flyingpinkgiraffesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
that's a good idea.  thanks for that.  I'd do it now, but then i'd have to delete it and wait the rest of my life for it to be reapproved :-)

Loki17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great concept.  Perhaps you could return to the "good story" metaphor at the end?

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2011 at 3:43 pm:
Daaaang. I would never have thought of comparing a good story to a bowl of spaghetti. Cool idea. And, a lot of people don't leave comments. Don't worry about it too much, don't stress over it. You should see. I have one picture that has I think 700 some people that looked at it and only one comment. SOmetimes it depends on the person. There was one person once who I knew from before I changed my username last year. They heard about my work from another user and that's how word got around about m... (more »)

A_Fate_UnknownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:18 am :
well i prefer your other work over thisone honestly. its not bad, just not my style.

LibertyIsHereThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:49 am :
I love it! It's amazing.