You Won't Be There | Teen Ink

You Won't Be There

By JustADreamer95 PLATINUM, Fairfield, Ohio
JustADreamer95 PLATINUM, Fairfield, Ohio

"If Love Conquers All Then Why Is The World In Constant Chaos?" -Me

Sitting, sitting the clock keeps ticking my heart beats in sync.
The memories of that day come back to me and fill me with hope; I wish that I would leave and you would open the door and kiss me.
The day goes fast but when your're in detention it goes slow; when I sit here I feel myself getting excited but for what?
You won't be in the van today when my mom picks me up, you won't be there waiting to embrace me in your arms.
You won't be there today waiting for my text and you won't be there today to wipe the tears away as they fall.

Today you will not be there to see me smile, you will not be there to hear me laugh.
Tick tock time keeps going but my heart still has hope.
Today you will be there to run your fingers through my hair, today you will be there to embrace me in your arms.
Today you will be there to kiss me and say 'I love you'.
Deep down inside I know that's not the case it is just a dream drifting in the dreamers embrace.
I know this is only hope, that you won't be there waiting.
You will be with your friends and you will flirt with other girls, you will be giving all your love to those who won't care.

You will be at home making plans to party and maybe get high.
You will be getting yelled at and very few people will be there; I remember I was the one who listened and cared.
I know today you will not be there to kiss me good-bye, you will not be there to say good night.
Today you will not be there laying in my bed.
Today you are gone you took my heart and moved on.