Angela

That pale little hand being led to the bedroom
Those corduroy jeans being tossed to the floor
That innocent smile as he leans in to kiss her
The green of her eyes as they lay down for more
The very same eyes I caught reading Harry Potter past their bedtime.

Those bouncy red curls flattened against the bedspread
Twisted and tangled and coated in gel
Those delicate hands exploring his body
Those tiny girl’s hands, that I knew so well
The very same that shook me awake year after year on Christmas morning.

What happened to the little princess?
The cross country runner?
The sweet baby girl?

The science fair champion:
Arching her back and closing her eyes
gasping and panting and
pulling him closer
To the body I held in the hospital.

The clumsy ballerina:
Being rocked back and forth
Going limp with pleasure
Sighing satisfied
With the voice that asked me for a later bed time.

My rosy cheeked child who loved musical theatre
and wore purple sweaters
is gone.

palindrome97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm:
I discovered this poem over a year ago and it instantly became one of my favorites. I've probably read it dozens of times since then, and it still leaves me speechless. Wonderful job. You're so very talented. 

Trees said...
I love this!   The word choice for this was amazing, making it so powerful!!!!   This is really talented.  

TerraCotta said...
Very metaphorcial with very good use of literary devices. Keep up the good work!

livelaughcrushin said...
his was just sooo great. it was raw and honest. its an amazing piece

rachkait This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was such a powerful poem. Your vocabulary was superb and you didn't leave anything to the imagination. I really appreciated the way you wrote this, and the honesty of your words!

Iyaya said...
WOW I DONT EVEN NO WAT 2 SAY 2 THAT BUT GREAT JOB U'V GOT TALENT KEEP USING IT LIKE U HAVE 

BlueSunsetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very deep! I like the vocabulary you used  and I think you are very talented! Though, I do wonder how you came up with the idea. All in all, absolutely great! 

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was so powerful. You're a fantastic writer. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion of my poem Broken Structure. Cheers. :)

Caesar123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I’m rather speechless. I imagine this is what many parents must feel like when they discover such a secret.

Dreammer said...
this poem was written very well, feel free too look at my stuff.

iCheeto This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:46 am:
This piece is genius, it's written perfectly and is lovely to read because it flows so smoothly.  Great emotion and originality, this is a real poem.  great job.

agaklo6 said...
Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:39 pm:
That was an amazing poem. It was very realistic and modern. These days a lot of parents can't deal with the growing-up of their sweet little beloved children. They just can't deal with thinking about their children's boyfriends; somebody taking away their own little babies. They have to tru to understand and deal with the thought that someday they just have to let their babies go into a full grown-up world.

satellite23 said...
Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:08 pm:
I found it very weird, yet amazing that such a seductive poem appeared on the site...

Johnny99 replied...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:19 pm :
I agree. I was really confused as I began reading it, but by the end, I understand why. Though, I do wonder where this person got the insperation...

Hoopz said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:47 am:
this is a really great poem it really makes you understand how life can change you in many ways.

TTTeeSS said...
May 25, 2012 at 7:13 am:
This left my mind blank. It was..amazing!

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 24, 2012 at 5:21 pm:
I really enjoyed reading this. It's great that it was based off of something that really happened to you, but at the same time, it isn't narrated by you. Kudos to you!

DreamLots said...
May 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm:
I really like this. This poem is very original and I don't recall ever reading any poem with this idea within it.

Valarie G. said...
May 24, 2012 at 12:58 pm:
i LOOOOOVEE IT GUURL(:

Aduke9 said...
May 24, 2012 at 8:47 am:
That was a sad and beautiful poem.