Surrender

The girl with the hips
A little too wide
A smile untouched
An empty pride

The girl with the hair
Too short and too dark
And bruises for freckles
Like calendar marks

The girl with a tear
Instead of a home
A scar for a bracelet
A voice unknown

The girl who believes
The words that she hears
And lets the blade
Efface her tears

The girl without hope
On track to her grave
Rolls up her sleeves
And begins to be brave

--

Abby96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:29 pm:
Not only is the message very relatable and relevant, but it is really well written. Good job!

DreammerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i know many people who can relate to this, its a very wonderful poem im gonna make sure my best friend reads this, check out some of my stuff if you'd like 

MikilaneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:20 pm :
Thanks!       

Rainfall74 said...
Wonderful. A lot of people close to me are going through this and I'm doing the best I can to be there for them. This poem reminded me of them and in that way is extremely relatable. Beautifully written it pulled me in quick. Keep writing!! Check out my stuff if you're ever in the mood, I'll be sure to add new stuff soon.:)

Dec. 25, 2011 at 9:30 am :
Thank you so much(: I'll be sure to check out your stuff!

Aubrie said...
This is amazing. I absolutely love it. This is very inspiring, keep up the fantastic work...

Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
Thanks! (:

chrissie_star said...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 9:20 am:
oh wow the memories this evoked :'| i was here but now im stronger "braver" as u  put it! great poem check out mine? plz and thx

Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm :
Thank you, good for you!

SmileyFace13 said...
Lola_Black is right. This poem was deep and daring which definintly sets you apart in a good way.

Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm :
I appreciate that!

Lola_Black said...
That was deep. Edgy. Unfiltered. Bottom line, it was everything I like in a poem. Please, don't stop writing! (And if you'd read some of my poems, that would be great!)

Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm :
Thanks! I'll be sure to! (:

spency said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm:
`good job....rated u 5/5....visit me plzzz and comment

Oct. 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm :
Thanks, I will!