Needle Stage

The crowds went wild when you fell apart.
And I cried to see just how many people
From all nations came to see the performance.
The playwright was truly delighted at
Just how fast the tickets sold out.
The actors encouraged the audience
To litter the stage with band aids
All as a part of some sick joke.
They had all your bruises labeled
With expensive price tags to display
In front of an expecting audience.
I bet they’ll sale your broken limbs
for thousands on the black market.
They would probably lynch the janitor
If he tried to stitch you back together.
Which explains why he wept so hard
As he silently carried you off the stage.

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 3:42 am:
I love this! one problem though, how come I can only put 5 stars?

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:27 pm :
Haha! Thsnks!! I just love it.

DarkBlueBaby22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:56 pm:
Disturbing in a weirdly intriguing way. I love it, haha, what a shock. I'm a big fan of your work  :) ne m'en voudrez pas, I'm just gonna become more inspired by reading more of your pieces. Awesome job Boos!

today at 5:27 pm :
Thank you! Had I known this comment was here I wouldve responded sooner. Pardon please me.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:36 pm:
It's a great poem but very sad and disturbing. It's not my thing. :(

Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:12 am :
whatever you like merci captain.

Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:13 am :
oh, i know,maybe youre reading too hard.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:15 pm :
Well, I tend to relate to all writing pieces on an emotional level. 

Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:31 pm :
well then maybe you shouldnt relate. nobodys trying to kill you. i might be held responsible. run captain.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm:

Oh my, the horror of the monster theatre and its "sick joke." It rather reminds me of my fear of the circus. You're always doing the right things at the wrong time (which is really the right time), and the result is these beautiful broken narratives. I like that the poor old janitor (bless his heart) is sobbing in desperation as he cleans up the mess. There's always a kindly character backstage.

Masterful job, Boosflash.

Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:03 pm :
ohh!!! it is that your comment is most awesomeful. the right thing at the wrong time? sounds poetic yet slightly condeming. do i dare face such a suttle death? merci for your commentation capatation.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:04 pm :
Ah, by no means am I condemning you. The wrong time is really the right time, may I remind you, so there is not need to face death of any kind at the present moment. Unless you would like to give your life to the passion of your pen.

Jul. 17, 2011 at 9:24 pm :
uh.....no.though i am still owing you, my dear Raven.

CarolynQ said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:20 am:
uGhhhh I am so jealous of the way you capture a truely magnificant picture <3 This is wild and absurd and fantastic.

Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:31 am :
do you mean the literal picture? cause i thought it was awesome but it took forever to find. thanks ofr commentating. the feedbackam tells me im doing something right.merci.

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:40 am:

Oh wow. This is gorgeous and beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. I do believe I might shatter, reminiscent of the actor's demise. Like a lone gladiator, maybe, nothing fighting him but himself and the crowd.

That sounds like a beautiful and disgusting performance art piece.

Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm :
ding! merci tres beacoup captain. your inputism is awesome.

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderland said...
May 17, 2011 at 8:51 am:
i think that this is a very intersting piece.....it's beautiful.. i could picture it in my head......... amaing job!!!

May 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm :
you really do me in captain. merci tres beacoup.

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderland replied...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
well see... that can be interperated so many different ways... what is the way it's ment to be interperated?