The train | Teen Ink

The train

March 7, 2011
By AmethystRose SILVER, Port Washington, Wisconsin
AmethystRose SILVER, Port Washington, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 4 comments

You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because you'll always be together. Nothing can or will separate you. That is how strong your live for each other is. The journey may be long and harsh, but at least you won't have to endure it by yourself. You have him to hold you, to comfort you, and to protect you. You know that when times get tough, he will stick by your side through it all. But what you don't know is that he would die if he ever lost you. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you but you can't be sure. But is doesn't matter - because you'll always be together.


The author's comments:
The first part and the last part of this poem is from the movie, "Inception". I decided to expand on the idea of love and relationships. When I look around me, all I usually see is sadness and heartbreak. In this poem, I hope people will see that love is real and love can happen to anyone. Just find the right person and you'll see exactly what I mean.