Callous Freak

A half-carton of ice cream? Really?
Well, you just killed the pancreas there buddy.
I’d like you to know that all of us aren’t nearly
As stuffed and bloated as you are.
This was meant to be a family social event,
But I suppose we can make this all about you.
I’m so sorry to hear your moving back to Ohio
Well, not really, since everyone wants you gone.
You’re makeup looks terrible by the way,
Like teardrops speeding past your eyeliner
Racing down the sides of your cheek.
I bet he saved the ring for the other woman.
So, while your filth ruins my brand new sofa
You can share all your pathetic sob stories
And I can try my best to pretend I care.
Please don’t bother asking how I’ve been
Or pretend to act interested in me at all.
Remember, its not about me, its all about you.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:37 am:

INteresting. It sinks deep, like the titanic. Will it stay at the ocean floor, to be inhabited be sharks and eels?

Does one have to be bitter to write like a bitter-er?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:56 am :
well, if the meaning is really obvious then it cant stay on the ocean floor for long cause its really not that dep right? so i guess all the stupid eels an go away now. merci for the comment captain. fait ta danse.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
Ah, but I sense more behind the eels, they protect a double meaning. The weight of said meaning sinks the ship even further, perhaps even into the deepest canyon on the ocean floor.

Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:00 pm :
well in that case, the eels are chewing up my commentary on the poem and its purpose. this is one of the most straight forward poems i've ever written.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:06 pm :
Ehhhh.                                    

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderland said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm:
this seems really..... bitter... the narrator seems angry and hurt...... but it's amazing (as usual...) :)

May 19, 2011 at 8:50 pm :
really? everyone is saying that...that it sounds bitter or angry,-suprising. i thought it was laidback but kind of dry. guess i dont kow how i look through your eyes. OMG!!! I totally love you for commentating on my work!!!

trapped-in-a-broken-wonderland replied...
May 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm :

well see, i re-read it now and it seems kinda comical (in a sarcastic kinda way) and more laid back and stuff then from when i read it before, but i'm in a completly different mood then from the first time i read it..... it's still awesome, and relatable!!!! 

(i think that the mood a person's in when they read something affects a LOT about how the interperate)

May 20, 2011 at 7:54 pm :
well, since you said that, i guess i can go reread everyrhing i've ever read on teenink while my moods alternate.

May 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm :
only if you want too.... lmao that sounds really really time consuming.... but GO FOR IT!! it could be fun. :)

May 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm :

ha. and sit back and watch as the comets race our children to the end of the horizon. it'll never happen...capain.

May 23, 2011 at 8:46 am :
but why??? *pout-y face* such a dissappointment

May 23, 2011 at 7:20 pm :
do you have any idea how many articlei've commentated on(no)? how could i...i could never. i guess its more of a "from here on" sort of thing. great suggestion though.

May 24, 2011 at 11:43 am :
yeah yeah yeah, that's what they all say lol *continues to pout*

Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:54 am :
well, since i forgot what the heck we were talking about....i do now wonder if my interpo changes along with my mood.you dont believe i've commentatedr on over a hundred poems? someone breaks the record...

newday said...

a long time ago u posted a coment on my work so im doing the same for u.

you sound angry. like this person hurt you. i like it. its so... real. do you dance captian and dont get blinded by the monkey

Apr. 18, 2011 at 9:09 am :
you're so awesome captain. merci tres beacoup. i love your mentioning of the monkey.