Callous Freak

A half-carton of ice cream? Really?
Well, you just killed the pancreas there buddy.
I’d like you to know that all of us aren’t nearly
As stuffed and bloated as you are.
This was meant to be a family social event,
But I suppose we can make this all about you.
I’m so sorry to hear your moving back to Ohio
Well, not really, since everyone wants you gone.
You’re makeup looks terrible by the way,
Like teardrops speeding past your eyeliner
Racing down the sides of your cheek.
I bet he saved the ring for the other woman.
So, while your filth ruins my brand new sofa
You can share all your pathetic sob stories
And I can try my best to pretend I care.
Please don’t bother asking how I’ve been
Or pretend to act interested in me at all.
Remember, its not about me, its all about you.

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 3:36 am
You are now one of my favorite authors!  

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24 at 5:30 pm
Really? Hmmm...interesting. I appreciate you reading my work.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:41 am
And I do so love your username :D

Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:40 am
Now I'm gonna read ALL of your poetry!

Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:38 am
That was like a bucket of water on my face! Splash! BAng! LOL , I do love your style, it's so frank and open and ironic. I just L-O-V-E the irony. 

DarkBlueBaby22 said...
Wow. As always, brilliant :D I love how powerful your pieces are. You certainly know how to end all of your works with a bang. Love, love, love it.

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 am
I do love the commentism and feedbackism, thanking yoiu much as always.

Aderes18 said...

This poem is funny but cynical and melancholic at the same time. I actually kinda-of like it, reminds me of the work in the The New Yorker magazine. Your poem would fit perfectly in there. :)  You read it? I just like the cartoons, but my mom has a subscription. 

Why do you refer to people as captain and always say merci? Just wondering... :)

well yeah, but that doesnt mean you're not special.....

MERCI TRES BEACOUP POUR TOUTE LES COMMENTAIRES!!! no i dont read it. its nice that your mom has a subscription. thank you so much for timing the take to commentate captain.

Aderes18 replied...

Why did you say 

Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean you're special? This is nothing to do with me! 

i thought you said do i always call people captain so i was like yeah but that dont mean youre NOT special.

-hey, its all about you.

jk

AmberElisabeth said...
You have really nice work. I like it alot. I've been writing poems for a couple of years, but I have never had ones as beautiful and inspiring as yours. I'm writing a book at the moment. I look forward to seeing more of your work.(:

thank you so very much for the inputism.  youre too kind captain. merci merci.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or to cry, so I compromised by shrieking quietly then rolling around on the floor with my hands over my eyes. But it's all poetry, really. Brilliant, brilliant poetry. The last line was a perfect transition from dry sarcasm to the verge of a nervous breakdown. FIVE STARS!

Please send me your mind in a tightly sealed envelope; I would love to dissect it, if you don't mind, of course.

thank you so much for loving the last line. it is that i love the lastl ine also. it is that the last line is the inspiration of the whole poem. and i do owe you a poem a dont I captain? does thy raven dareth inspire thee again?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Oh no, Boosflash, you don't have to do that. Remember, it's not about me, it's all about you.

Changing my mind and weeping bitterly: "I need that poem!"

Are you an observer of your debts? If so, I'd be delighted.

then it is that captain. i owe you one coming.

CarolynQ said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:14 am
Once again I find myself laughing, I can totally see this scene being played out within my mind. Typical to maybe hear about but unique to write about and a great use of description.

Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:57 am
it is that you're input is so very awesome captain. t is that i am thanking you for this input. it is also that you should do your dance.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:37 am

INteresting. It sinks deep, like the titanic. Will it stay at the ocean floor, to be inhabited be sharks and eels?

Does one have to be bitter to write like a bitter-er?