This is Not a Poem

I’m writing a poem! It has sentences
that end on different lines.
It lacks
rhyme and rhythm.
This poem is also missing some punctuation
it seems more artistic that way

I shifted my poem over here
oh look! now it’s in completely lowercase
letters.
my poem drips of originality.

This is not a poem.
This is an overabundance of crummy words and an exhibition of grammar deficiency.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:56 am:
i love this captain. it does suck if you read it a certain way-but i didnt read it that way. it would be conducive for you to do your dance at the time which is now.

msoccerm345 said...
no. fail. 

volleyball17 said...

just gonna say this is soo a fail! sorry jusst saying the truth i hate when people dont tell me whtat they think about mine or say the truth

bye :)

sweetbreezydelight said...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 8:24 am:
I love this poem . Dude you totally called out all the crappy gimmicks ppl use as an excuse for originality and artistic genuis . Love it!!!!!!

HisPurePrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha, this is funny, I like it!  I totally get what you're saying.  Read my "Words for a Poem" if you would, it's on the whole 'writing a poem' topic.

flyingpinkgiraffesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hehe the cool thing about poetry is that its whatever you want it to be.  I mean, all you have t do is write some stuff down and call it a poem and there ya go :-)  so funny.  and origonal.

lala15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this SHOULD be published! :))

WickedStarcatcherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is soooo funny! Poetry is anything u want it to be in my mind-and that includes "grammar deficiency!!" i absolutely LOVED this "poem"-keep being original!! :)

ALM007This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That is really original. You should keep writing and I love Friends too. Joey is my favorite, the simple minded Italian foodie whose loyal and honest, among other other things.

Raytheraym said...
:) I like it!

Tay-Tay43 said...
i REALLY like this keep wirintg!!! :)

Faey101 said...
hahaha! :) thats cool! I like it!

the_quiet_one said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 11:19 pm:
haha. Nice.

Morganjean said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:20 pm:
Ba ha ha! I love this! Definitely not what I was expecting, which is probably why I enjoyed it.

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:21 pm :
Exactly how  i feel. Awesome .

Kali-Mah said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm:

i love it because its defirent and rebelious against the way people want it to be

wonderful!

IluvJesus said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 4:59 pm:
I love it. Kinda reminds me of how the world works. The most popular and famous things in the world come from people do absolutely nothing at all.

ImaginedangerousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 4:18 pm:

Yep, you start out a piece thinking it's going to be terrific, and you get halfway through and it slumps a little, so you change it up,and then you get a little farther and realize it was a lame idea from the start. Sounds like real life, all right.

Good work. :)

newsoulpoet replied...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 5:34 pm :
No kidding! I have started writing so many books and poems thinking it will be amazing, just to have it turn out to be mediocre.

shakes11 said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 3:30 pm:
At first I was confused, and, to be honest, a little annoyed. But then when I got to the second stanza (or I guess it isn't a stanza, since "This is Not a Poem, please excuse the lameness of that joke) I thought it was really funny. And I read it again, and it was even better. :D