Lackadaisically Half-hearted (Or, we didn't fix the problem, but we didn't do it, with a smile.)

We did some stuff,
We did some stuff,
We did some stuff,
And that's enough

We fixed a hole,
Stuffed a mole
Inside
He'll probably get out,
Oops,
He just died
But that's enough

We did some stuff,
We did some stuff,
We did some stuff,
And that's enough

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:26 am

It is my pleasure to tell you, Stargirl, that you have just won the best-title-of-the-half-mad-poets-of-the-year-award, and your prize will come in the mail by sundown.

Something about these incredibly simple lines is very stirring to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's quite reassuring, like when a stranger approached me on the streets of Atlanta one day, patted my shoulder and said "It's all good." Or a prayer I know that says "what's done is done. What's not don... (more »)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:11 am
It is my pleasure to accept this kindly given award, Raven, I thank you.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:01 am
i do love yo my dear. you are very awesome and inspirational my dear.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:47 am
Thankee kindly <Bows> I say the very same of you.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
             merci

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this. :) Please check out some of my work!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Thank you :) I'll be sure to.

Aderes18 said...

I really, really understand and like this poem. :) 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I'm glad you do :) Thanks for the comment.

Aderes18 replied...
U R welcome. :)