The Wanderer/The Philosopher | Teen Ink

The Wanderer/The Philosopher

By AnarchistHeartland ELITE, Washington, District Of Columbia
AnarchistHeartland ELITE, Washington, District Of Columbia

" Art is beauty everlasting "

Out under cold sun in the 5 am plains, Moon and the Sun stare me in the face
Meditate on things that bind my spirit, Questioning the sincerity of my mind
Descending lower and lower into my psyche, The solitude I crave has departed from my being
Always challenging the status quo, Always contemplating the morality of life and death
Do we exist? Is this not some grand illusion recreated by some malicious sorcerer?
What is ever truth or fabrication? How quickly can this slowly unravel our minds?

We try and suppress it, though we confess it, We usually dress it, And aid in it's investment
Split this barrier in half, the mirror that reflects my past, It reminds me of what I wanted to last
Lifeless, My future is in tomorrow not yesterday, Fight this, My life cradled in the arms of Time
Manifest myself, A greater ego for the night, A hero for the people, And another victim deep inside
Give away what hope you have, aid thy brother, all to be cast out and hated by them all
How long must I know of these things, Remember all of this that no other could?
I am not free in this world, So I forever wander inside my mind, Philosophy, may be what I find
To question a great opportunity, Is to question myself, It pulls away at me, Until I am torn apart
My only saving grace, is a race against fate, Whoever joins me should be prepared
For those who stand in my way will but cut down, Enemies and allies, where is their distinction?