Her Voice

There is a girl I know quite well, and she has a story I'd like to tell...

From a young age she knew the world was a cold and darkened place.
She bottled things up and hid herself away, she was scared to show her face.
She went through her youth with a speculating eye, knowing everything was not as it seemed.
You would find her at the window, staring up into the sky and it was there that she often dreamed.
She dreamed of the day when she wouldn't have to worry, when everything would fall into place.
But this little girl was no stranger to reality, though, reality, she just couldn't face.
Her little eyes had seen so many things and her ears had heard so much,
When she tried to speak up they just told her to shhh now, be quiet, shut up, hush.
She learnt to keep herself to herself and that trust was a misleading thing.
When her eyes had to close, or her ears heard too much, to herself she would often sing.
So she went through her days dreaming away and singing herself to sleep,
When she was younger she could cope but as the years went by, the calmness was hard to keep.
She carried on until one day she heard a shocking noise.
Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open, she was shocked, she had found her voice!
She realised that saying nothing had gotten her nowhere and it was time to put things right,
She stood up straight, she lifted her chin and she was prepared to fight.
She began to fight as hard as she could, for her family, her freedom, her smile.
At first she got ignored and told to shut up, but then, after a while...
People started to realise who she was and learnt lessons from what they heard.
This quiet little girl that had seen and heard so much, was definitely no longer ignored.
To this day she's standing strong and always speaks her mind,
And people realised that if they had of listened to her, it would have been easier, the truth they could easily find.
This girl was once a shy little child that never made a noise,
But her whole life changed completely, for the better, as soon as she found, her voice.

ThereIsAlwaysHopeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:42 am:
thank you :)

krarthurs said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 5:17 pm:
I loved everything about this. And the last two lines were very powerful and enlightening. Good job. (: