In My Own Little World

When I close my eyes. I dream of my favorite place. A peaceful world hidden among my own thoughts.
A world I dream where breathing is involuntary. All time there is spent making glorious music, and looking into your eyes.
I watch us, hand in hand, running forever through a delicate field of wildflowers. I never get tired, because I'm with you.
In my perfect little world, we are never apart. We are always found laughing and dancing.
Your eyes are the blue sea we wade in every day. Your smile is what tells the sun to rise. Your kiss is what holds this entire place together.
This is where Love is more than just a 4 letter word. Where our passion and rapture for each other is as inevitable as the sunrise.
On, and on I hold to this vision. For its beauty is astounding, and possibility futile.
Then comes the time to wash upon the shore of my conciousness, blink open my weary eyes, and realize you aren't there.
My heart won't ever let you go. My perfect world doesn't exist without you.
Oh, how I talk of you as though you're gone. Why must I awake from the bliss contained in my nonreality? I wish the calmness of my world would burst out of my dreams. Why are my hopes scribbled carelessly on this paper?
I want to show you my world. My world of me, and my best friend.
....we're just friends...

Beachgirl1 said...
Apr. 12, 2011 at 9:29 am
Very good! Not my favorite out of your work, but it is still amazing! Very descriptive and beautiful, it flows from line to line! I love the ending!

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you very much for reading my work and commenting :]...out of curiosity though, which is your favorite?

HaleyDRog. said...
God, this is AMAZING! I actually like this one better than the one that got published. I love reading poetry that gives me the chills and this one is one of those poems.

Thank you!! Which poem got published though?

Raytheraym said...
I love it. Very, very good. Full of emotion! Very good!

thank you so much! :)