I've Had My Share of Life | Teen Ink

I've Had My Share of Life

By balletgirl2112 BRONZE, Eastchester, New York
balletgirl2112 BRONZE, Eastchester, New York

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one.
~KellyAnn

Your 1 and you live a carefree life of rolling and tumbling around the room. You don’t know what your future holds for you.

Now you’re 4 and it’s your first day of school. Your worried, “Will mommy come back to pick me up if I’m scared? Will someone want to play princess with me?”

You’re 8 and you’ve had the birthday party of your dreams. As you say goodbye to everyone, you turn around to your mommy and hug her then say “Thank You! You’re the best mother ever!”

Now you’re 11 and it’s your first day of middle school. You wonder how mean the world could be to just fling you into a new world of the unknown, the mean girls and the evil teachers out to get you.

You’re finally 18 and glad to be moving onto an adult. College is on its way, independence, freedom, and adulthood are at your front door.

You’re 21 and you get the respect from other adults you’ve been waiting for.

28 years old is the time of regrets and time travel, wishing you could go back to the life of a child and tell yourself what you know now. The world is mean and hurtful, life isn’t fair.

You’re 31 and your loving family is off to a good start. Your 4-year-old daughter smiles at you before she goes onto the stage for her ballet performance. Your heart glows inside.

Now you’re 35 and you adore your loving husband. Nothing can go wrong now, vacations, report cards and the smell of family lingers around your house.

Fast forward and you’re 45. You have the first major fight with your husband. You drive away for fresh air leaving your teen-age daughter in tears. Immediately you regret everything and drive back home. Apologies, hugs, ad tears is what fills the house.
Soon enough you’re 78 and you watch your husband die young from cancer. You and your daughter cry and weep. This time you grow close as ever.

80 years old and you’ve had your share of live. The fights, losses, and good times flash before your eyes. You don’t know how much you have left, but you enjoy it while you can.

You’re 87 and your daughter holds your hand next to the bed. “Mommy you can’t leave me alone now.” she desperately cries. You calmly tell her it is your time and you love her with all your heart. The doctor is given the signal and she pulls the plug. The last thing you see is the glint in her eye and the stream running down her soft, flawless cheek. Then before you know it, everything goes silent…

I can honestly say I really don't know why I wrote this and I don't know where my idea came from. I just started to write and all of a sudden I came up with thus piece and I was shocked at what I saw. I hope everyone finds this very moving. ENJOY!