What do I want from him?

Memories, daydreams and emotions are rushing through my head. What do I want from him?

Do I want to be his friend?
Do I want to be invited to dinners and parties and be another one of his buddies?

Do I want to be a bit more than that?
A kiss, a dance but nothing more

Do I want him to love me?
To be filled with passion
Flowers, love letters
Full of bliss and desire

Do I want to be his protector?
His guider
His companion

Do I want to be his wife?
To eat my dinners
To confide his troubles
To know the secrets that only his wife should know?

What do I want from him?
Will I ever know?
All I know is a deep, deep connection
like a wave
it pulls me in
but I never quite get anywhere

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Mmm, (dabbing at the ghost of a tear on my eye), the last stanza was really quite sad. I loved the poem, though, because I think I know what you're getting across; love can be so diverse, and when it comes in one form, sometimes it's hard to identify which one it is. This might be my new favorite of yours.

I wish you the best of luck with the guy, and I hope you find the answers to your questions. :)

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 5:55 pm :
This one was just infatuation. Got no chance with this guy.(it's a different guy) But I still really like him as a friend and still share a deep connection with him. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 9:39 am :

Oh, now I'm a bit confused. I thought that the two guys were the same person.

This makes more sense. :)

Aug. 10, 2011 at 2:43 pm :
I wrote some poems about one guy and I wrote some poems about another. 

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:37 am:
Beautiful. Deep, beautiful. L'affectspectmiration, it might be called, what you are describing here, thoiugh I'm not sure. Well done :)

Jun. 15, 2011 at 11:08 am :
What' L'affectspectmiration?

Jun. 15, 2011 at 11:09 am :
Thanks, Stargirl! :) 

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm :
L'affectspectmiration is a word I made up to describe my feelings for an old crush turned best friend; it's cobbled together from the words 'love/like', 'affection', 'respect', and 'admiration'.

Jun. 16, 2011 at 7:15 am :
That's what it is. L'affectspectmiration, because all those words is how I'd describe the person who I am talking about in this poem, because this poem refers to a real person.

Writomania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2011 at 1:13 am:

wow.. i mean, to tell you the truth, i always wanted to write something like this.. but could never quite formulate it into words..

and yet another truth is, you've done is so beautifully... just the right words... just the right ambiquity and the just the right words..

It's beautiful.

May 28, 2011 at 9:44 pm :

THANK YOU!!

OMG! That totally made my day!! :) 

HammiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm:
Its Great, :) 

May 12, 2011 at 5:30 pm :
Thank You! 

savetheplanetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm :
I really like this poem because ost of the time people just write about the love aspect.  But you write about the different perspectives that your love could make you look through.

Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:04 am :
Yeah, I mean... at the time I kinda had a unrequited crush on a friend (now just a friend) and it was just very confusing for me. I wanted to write a poem about all the different ways I felt. I think when you truly love someone, you feel all the different forms of love.