Of Course Not

"Well?" I ask gently.
"Well what?" You say.
"Are you going to tell me who you like now?" please be me please be me
"I still don't think I'm over her yet." You're talking about Kate.
That girl who broke
your heart.
That girl
who kissed other boys.
That girl
you stuck by, while I
was right here.
Waiting.
"Of course not, Hannah. I don't think I'm ready yet. Why, do you like someone?" You ask.
"Of course not," I sigh.
It's not like
I lied.
I don't just like
someone.
I like
you.

Graygon said...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 3:11 am
This happens to just about everyone.  Best friends are people who share just about everything with you, from interests to things you dislike, from favorite places and people, and many things you don't even realize. If this best friend happens to be of the opposite gender, it usually becomes more than a friendship, or at least one person wants it to be. But the present relationship causes awkwardness and makes it hard to speak your feelings and emotions. I don't want to give love advice or a... (more »)

bahannahpeel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 9:47 am
he's still hung up on her but I think I'm getting over it. Finally

Graygon replied...
That's good. Cliche as it is, the most important thing is to make yourself happy. If it's not possible, don't obsess yourself over it, or do something to mess up the friendship that you share.

Agreed :)   

Graygon replied...
Cool. I posted a bunch of my poems, so hopefully they'll be available soon.

Graygon replied...
Sure, I'll keep you informed. Though it's kind of weird using your poem's comment space as a way to communicate with you haha.

haha well maybe i'll get 'most discussed' for today

Graygon replied...
Maybe.  That'd be cool.