A Mirror Image

She was beautiful and graceful
And I a mere reflection
Clinging to any mistakes and insecurities I could find
Thinking nothing, but her
How pretty her tan little face was
And how flawless and clear her skin was
How every one of her strides glided along the school halls like an ice skater at work
How the teachers adored her
And the boys gawked as she glided past them
And how her grades stood high and mighty to the rest
And I only a mere reflection
Invisible to society
Hidden among her faults
Waiting until she trips
And feeling good and laughing from her blunders
My identity becomes wiped from society
As i become nothing more than a monster
The evil feind
The devil of imperfection
I begin to feed off of insecure mortals
And hide behind each mistake
I'm the terror they hide from
I sneak into their nightmares amd torment them
For only there can I be seen
I am the pimples hiding the beauty of a girls cheek
And the glasses shielding her crystal blue perfect eyes
I come in many forms
And feed off their imperfections
Imperfections is my addiction
And nothing can stop me
Until I myself can become perfect
Free from her reflection
Free from her mirror image
Which I already know will never happen

RFrocker23 said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 11:01 am
This was interesting..kind of vicious, but i liked it. I can definately relate. Could you please look at my poems Size Matters and Golden Hearts? I'd really appreciate it.

SmileyFace13 said...
that was really well written and a beautiful way to show your feelings :) good job

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:08 am
THANKS!! :)

writingcheetah7 said...
this poem is reallyy good!! like other people have said, it was really honest and true and you conveyed the feelings really well!! :) great job!! if you could check out some of my work that would be GREAT!

Thanks and sure i'll check out some of your work!!!

Sparky14 said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:12 am
That was Amazing!!! Super cool there gymnast person. I like it a lot although it took me a couple readings to understand it I lover it!!! =]

Mar. 12, 2011 at 1:58 am
Thank you so muchh!! :))

JessieJ said...
THIS WAS SO GOOD.EVERYTHING U WROTE JUST FELT HONEST AND I LOVED IT. THNX FOR CHECKING OUT MY WRITING TOO. KEEP WRITING.

Mar. 12, 2011 at 1:59 am
your welcome!!!:) AND THANKS for checking out some of my writing!!

Vidra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh. My. Gosh. It is exactly like you read my mind. I mean, SPOT. ON. I feel like this almost all the time. AWESOME poem. I can relate to this SO much. :)

Vidra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Oh and fave lines:

"My identity becomes wiped from society
As i become nothing more than a monster"

Mgymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I love to write in a way that the readers could relate to!!! and i'm glad you liked reading this!! :)

Volleystar15 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 9:20 am
thats really good! it is so descriptive! Very nice job!!

Mar. 12, 2011 at 1:59 am
Thanks! :)

anonmyous said...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 8:25 am
i liked it! really good way to express your feelings!

THANKS! :)

Yarek said...
Love it too there is some spelling erros but its understandable it happends to me but after all its really amazing

thank you :):):)

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I really liked the simile of the way the girl glides down the hallway is like an ice skater..and the end, the imagery where you say you appear in their nightmares...really good poem!

Mar. 12, 2011 at 2:00 am
why thank ya!!