Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

December 19, 2010
By gsjo894 SILVER, Waterford, Virginia
gsjo894 SILVER, Waterford, Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Today you are you. That is true'er than true. There is no one alive who is you'er than you." -Dr. Seuss


Where I’m from
I am from burning asphalt on bare feet.
I am from peanut butter jelly sandwiches with the crusts on( thank you very much.)
I am from friends so close they are family.
I am from late nights with math homework and peanut butter ego’s (and getting smudges on the paper.)
I am from imaginary dinner parties with Harry Potter and Abraham Lincoln, debating the population growth of gnomes.
I am from sitting on the stairs, waiting for Christmas morning.
I am from 4th of July parties in the neighborhood, seeing how close we dare to stand.
I am from 2 on 2 backyard basketball with the family.
I am from sleepless nights where shadows move toward me.
I am from a wooden table, with paint smears and water rings.
I am from a black board wall, because sometimes ideas are too big for paper.
I am from snow so white you can sled at night from the light of the moon.
I am from paper and pencil, and all of the adventures my mind invents.
I am from 5, Haley, Tanner, Mom and Dad, and Me.
I am from Friday night tennis practices, the sacrifice of football games and movie trips.
I am from a minivan driving family with a mustang covered in the garage.
I am from the glass half full, unless I’m drinking from the measuring cup.
I am from happy trails with few speed bumps.


The author's comments:
An english assignment I really enjoyed doing.