Only kidz | Teen Ink

Only kidz

November 27, 2010
By EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
EMOEMY GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
15 articles 2 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If the world didn't suck we would all fall off", "My life's goal is to make those closest smile and laugh", "If you don't like it change it"


Four kids dash past me giggling and squealing, they were probably between the ages of six and seven. I closed my eyes in pure horror; it's a case that I’m quite familiar with but despise with all my being.

“ooh god no, ooh please, god no”

The smallest of the children stops in front of me and looks through me his innocence burns my chest. There’s a scream, he looks away. I close my eyes and tilt my head to face the sky “ooh please ooh please”

BANG-BANG-BANG, three shots, three kills, three thumps, three deep sighs; it only took one bullet to end there lives.

One screams and cries he flops to his knees and I look over, just to watch his pleas his innocent eyes drowning in tears. In his arms lies the body of a friend her blood soaking his shirt just as it died her golden hair to a crimson red.

The thing walks up to him greedy and unsatisfied, lifting its arm it let’s loose a bullet; it found its target striking the boy right between his eyes.

The blood at first only dripped out but soon his blood poured, out like a geyser, trying to escape from the sinking ship, the dying body. His tears continued to leak out until his eyes held no more. He looked as if he was in antagonizing pain; and though his body wouldn’t scream his soul was letting loose a blood curling teeth gritting shriek. He was in immense pain and I couldn’t lift a finger until his time was officially up.

I walked over to feel their faces closed their eyes and curse their places. He fought his death until every last drop of blood had poured onto the cement around him the monster just stood there and smiled pleased and hungry for more. I lifted their souls one by one and all the while the greedy monsters still having fun. I call for the gods to run it over to end its life and let it die. I plea for its time to come; though I know no one would listen to me I am the villain not the monsters who abuse me, then there would be no pain and suffering for me.


The author's comments:
I wrote as death, its always portrayed as an evil but its never viewed as the victim.