Remembering Sunday

I remember where I was,
(At Olive Garden).
And who was with me,
(My mom and dad).
I remember what day,
(It was Sunday).
And when it was,
(The first week of summer).
I remember my expression when he texted me,
(A brace-filled smile).
And my expression after I read what he had to say,
(A frown and a bitten lip to keep from crying).
I remember what the text had said,
(We’re not going to ever see each other this summer so maybe we should just end it now).
And my emotions,
(Sad, alone, dumped).
I remember where I was,
(In a dark hole beginning to fill with salty water).
And when it was,
(The first week of hell).
I remember what day,
(Sunday).
And how my heart felt,
(Broken…)

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:20 am

Beautiful. Don't worry. You'll be fine. And you always have words, poetry, and Teenink to help you through.

For me, there is nothing more thereaupatic than writing, even if it ends up being no more than a waste of paper in terms of the actual quality of the work produced. But that's not the important part. The emotions of paper? The thoughts? That's what's important. And the writing community here? We'll help you through. :)

alanacarlene replied...
:) Thank you. That means a lot and yeah you're right - there's nothing more thereaupuetic than writing. Thank you again!

hepburn said...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:10 am

I like this style of poem :)

As for the guy... The same thing happened to me. After a month of moping around i realized it was a waste of time and just like that i got over it. But its not the same for everyone.. good luck :)

alanacarlene replied...
Thank you :) And yeah i suppose over time I'll get over him

elisianicole101 said...
Sooooo i think it's amazin(: <3 I'm here 4 ya too <-:

alanacarlene replied...
Awwww thank you :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow Alana I'm so sorry :( Is his about that guy? The one we talked about? Let me know if I can help okay? <3 Alex

alanacarlene replied...
Yea it is it happened last summer and  haven't eaten there since then until last weekend and it was like deja vu ha :/ and thanks :) I'll letcha kno if I need ur help:) I saw ya at the game friday! Your hair was really pretty!!! lol

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Like this past summer or the summer after 8th grade? Just wondering (I get it if you don't wanna say). Well I hope everything works out. Haha Thanks! I wish I coulda stayed and talked to you! Mr. Ellis made me leave. :( I have some stuff to tell you that is too specific to put on the web for the world to see so I'll text you! :)

alanacarlene replied...
Yea this past summer :/ haha and yea! good choice not postin that on the web for the hole world to see! hehe :D