Safe House This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

And my heart is never locked,
But the walls around it: solid.
And guarding myself is what I must do.

TaraLynn said...
Hey everyone, this is the actual author. Maybe His-Bright-Green-Eyes meant to say something different? Anyway, I thank all of you for your input. Hannah R., you're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter what it is. It is very short, I'll admit that. But before I wrote this poem, I was very intent on writing in almost ballad-like verse. I wanted to try to write in a different way, in a way that is short and to the point. But nothing is ever complete, we can only hop... (more »)

Hay_Wire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
that is beautiful.
so true it hurts

nickihippie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great job!

Hannah R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think this is a nice poem and its power lies in its shortness. and to the author, good job sticking up for yourself! tho also remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. there will always be people who think they could improve your work/do it better themselves. you just have to except their opinion and dont let it bother you or get in your way. keep up the good work! i would be greatful for any advice you could give me on my work if u have the time to check it out. thx! :)

831ily13 said...
i like it, blingblang4eva, its not too short, its perfect.

His-Bright-Green-Eyes... said...
Okay one blingblang4eva? I think this is one of the best poems i've written. It's not too short. it's brilliant! it's some type of haiku i think.... Hm....

Brittany=) said...
Jul. 21, 2009 at 9:45 am
Your poem is nice, but I think you could have extended it more, well anyway keep up the good work. :)

Underestimated said...
i like this one alot, the short ones are usually the best, and it is jus super mmazin to me, good job dude!, ....or dudett!! ;D

blingblang4eva said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 3:26 am
too short