Fire and Ice | Teen Ink

Fire and Ice

October 4, 2010
By barker21 SILVER, Provo, Utah
barker21 SILVER, Provo, Utah
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I want to say to young women here today, do not ever have any inferiority complex about your place in this world in which you live. You are a daughter of God, and I am satisfied that our Father in Heaven loves His daughters as much as He loves His sons. You hold up your heads and stand tall and walk in righteousness and faith and virtue and truth, and do not let anybody put you down or sell you short. You are daughters of God. Live worthy of your divine inheritance, my beloved young women. You are not inferior in any sense. Under the gospel plan you are daughters of God. Each of us has our place in the great divine plan, and we ought to magnify the calling and the field and the assignment and the qualities of good which we have within us”
-Gordon B. Hinckley"


To one man a dream could be another’s nightmare.
To one woman one love could be another’s hate.
Without trial and pain mankind knows no happiness—
Opposition creates ironic balance in our pathetic, earthly state.
Black. White. One with all colors, one with none—logically the one
would hate the other, and yet together create a gorgeous, starlit night.
Fire and ice cannot exist one next to the other, and yet to say them—
Their names—Side by side: the tongue approves of the sound they create.
Smooth—as if just one word. The relevance of this is just the opposite—
Irrelevant. Just a meaningless realization I enjoy to myself that another
Would find a waste of priceless thought. Fire and ice—again. Smooth.
To me it brings a smile—to you a roll of your superior eyes. Superior. You to me—
The inferior. Opposites. Enemies. And friends. Different. And the same.
Opposition creates ironic balance in our pathetic, earthly state.