burrowed in my chest This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

i envy
the way your ribs curve
around your heart,
holding you in a way
i never could.

and i wish you had known
the way my ribs curve,
the way my chapped lips curve,
the way my cramped letters curve,
as i write these words.

and i tuck you away,
these letters to the past,
just below my lungs,
so i only remember you
when i breathe.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the February 2011 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:12 am
Fantastic!! THis was written so unimaginably well, and it was open-ended enough to let the reader's mind explore. Wow. COngratulations on getting the award, and published in the magazine; your poetry really deserved it!! (:

Grania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is possibly my favorite Teen Ink poem I have ever read.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is freakin awesome captian. and i usually dont read maggy's. do your dance.

Mikaela said...
I'd never thought about body parts in this way... certainly interesting things to contemplate.