Be Mine For Always (Inspired By The Notebook)

By , North Vancouver, Canada
What'll become of my spirit?
What'll become of my soul?
Without you around,
Without your hand to hold?

Will I shiver?
Will I shine?
Without your eyes
Staring into mine?

Are we destined to be?
Are we meant to last forever?
If it was up to me,
I wouldn't let you go…Ever.

You'd be mine for always.
Never would we part.
We'd stay together for eternity.
I'd forever be in your arms and in your heart.

Your laugh would make me smile
On our wedding day
And with you by my side
The days would quickly pass away.

And when we're old and have grey hair
I'll still be smiling then
As long as you're still next to me
And we're remembering “way back when.”

And if you should pass away,
And my eyes become blind from crying.
I'll go through each day in memory of you
And live as if I'm dying.

My soul's last night on earth
Would be a happy memory
Because your face in my dreams
Would be the last thing that I see.

This would be our life's story
If you stayed here by my side
And if, by chance, our attempts fail at least we'll know we tried."

Saraxoxo said...
Omg, this is amazing! I've never heard anything like this mostly from a teenage girl! Wow, u are a fantastic poet and you're definitely going to get published some day by a really fancy and awesome publishing company! I really love the movie the notebook and I adore the book, this poem describes it beautifully!! You have a gift!!!Great work, never stop writing!!!!!! P.S: this is sara from your humanities class :D xoxox

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

LOL I KNOW ITS U SARA!

THANK U SO MUCH!

I HOPE I WILL GET PUBLISHED BY A 'FANCY ' COMPANY!

LOL

distant_dreamer said...
Wow, this is soooo beautiful!!! I love the Notebook, and this just makes me want to watch it again! You are one of the most amazing writers I'm glad to know! lol Your work will one day be published maybe not on this website but it will none the less get published and i know that everyone will love it and those who don't, well they don't know what talent you hold! Keep it up, I'd give you more than 5 stars rating, but that's as  high as it goes. lol hahaa Don't ever stop writing!

Thank you so much

MRose911 said...
This... is amazing! I love the movie The Notebook!!! It's so stinkin cute! :) You are an amazing poet! Thanks for sharing! :) Please check out my work if you get the chance! :)

THANKS!

SURE  I WILL CHECK SOMETIME THIS WEEK!

jhsironmen12 said...
wow great poem!!!!

THANKS  IT MEANS A LOT!

jlw11 said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 9:07 am
Wow, this was really great! I loved it! I loved how there was a story inside the poem. You did a great job! (:

Oct. 20, 2010 at 9:17 am
THANK YOU!!!!

jlw11 replied...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 10:49 am
You're welcome of course! (:(:

socrprncss12 said...
tht was so hearwarming and i liked the whole story played on in the poem

THNX! MEANS A LOT!

kmarie14 said...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 12:12 am
AHHH! I absolutly love love love this poem! ITS SO AMAZING! one of my absolute favorite poems ever! :) I LOVE THIS PEOM! (: so stinking cute with such strong emotion...good job! :) check out my work? I'd love to hear your opionion

THANK U SOOOOO MUCH! SURE I WILL DEFINETLEY CHECK UR WORK! RIGHT AFTER DINNER!

kmarie14 replied...
Anytime! :) thanks so much! comments and ratings are much appreiciated

HEY COULD U SEND ME A LINK TO UR WORK CUZ I CANNOT FIND ANY!!!

kmarie14 replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 2:02 am

http://teenink.com/poetry/free_verse/article/251916/isnt-that-low/

There ya go! :) I am pretty sure it will work if it doesnt let me know, um you can check out some of my other poems too i think if you like click more by this author or something idk :P :)